Why become a member? ×

Markbass vs TC electronic

elliswasp

Hey everyone it's been a while since I posted last but here goes.

I'm looking to update and improve my rig with a new head and cabs.

I'm going to audition the above mentioned brands tomorrow and I'm looking at the 800w class d models in both brands. Little mark 800/tube. TC bh800.

What I'm looking for is any reviews with regards to durability and reliability

And if any of you have used or own the TC bh800 Is the tone print something you use regularly or is it a gimmick that soon becomes tiresome and annoying?

I'm also going to take a look at the TC rh750 as this has had some fantastic reviews also.

Thanks in advance

Mark.

[quote name='elliswasp' timestamp='1443778966' post='2877571']
RH 750 is 750 W or so it states on the websites how have you come to the conclusion that it's 236 w
[/quote]
Can of worms! All I can add to this is, I've had a RH750 and I never found it wanting for power in any of the situations I used it in. From on stage monitoring on big stages, to gigs in a 5 piece rock band with no PA support. I only sold mine as I wasn't really making the most of its feature set and I fancied a change to be honest. I'd have no qualms about going back to using one. I would ask yourself the same thing really, if you're not going to make use of its feature set ie the 3 memory functions, sweepable hi and lo mid, spectracomp, tubetone etc, if you're more of a set it and forget it type player who doesn't have the need to change sounds 'on the fly' then maybe the LM800/LMT800 would be a better option.

Edited by ern500evo

There's a long running thing about TC overstating their Wattage ratings. Regardless of what opinions are the RH750 has a lot of fans and I for one would't be too deterred (the RH750 is certainly an amp I'd like to have in my arsenal!)

The best advice is to try them all and see what sounds best to your ear. Helpful if you're able to use your own bass and cab too. When I went to Bass Direct to do something similar earlier this year I did that and they were fine with it. (did ask up front mind)

TC amps were tested over on TalkBass & they use a 236w power section in the RH series.

This is also worth a read...
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/235100-tc-electronic-is-definately-better-than-markbass/page__hl__markbass%20tc

Well I'm not overly fussed on the 750 anyway it's bh800 I'm looking at and the little mark 800 tube tomorrow and as I said I'm looking for people's views on reliability as my current rig which is Ashdown has served me flawlessly for five years and has been bullet proof even in direct sunlight.

I'm just finding I'm in need of more power as the Ashdown seems lacking for a 600w head and as we are now playing more outdoor events and larger venues it seemed the right time to upgrade.

Thanks that's good to know both amps have a lot going for them so it's going to be down to personal taste now really. I'm taking my current rig with me as a benchmark so I won't be going in blind.

And as mentioned earlier I will see just how loud these amps are as I have mine to compare it's then just a case of finding the right cabs to go with the head I choose.

I think it's gonna be a long day. But a lot of fun.

I've had the TC Classic 450, and now use the BH800 as my gigging head, with a BH250 as backup. I tend to set and forget the settings on the head, never had a problem with it. It's sits and makes a noise, a very loud noise if you want.

As for the tone-prints, I have the compressor always on TP1 and then swap in out TP2 if I fancy a change of sound. Never tried it mid gig though. The foot switch is nice and sturdy and pretty much a necessity if you want to switch between tone prints.

Any other questions ask away.

I've owned (and gigged fairly extensively) a TC Classic 450, a RH450, LMIIs and IIIs, and the MB combo/extension, and I've never even considered reliability - they just work.

Edited by Muzz

Been running a Markbass LMT800 most weekends for the last two years, weddings & functions- great piece of kit and very reliable considering I've dropped mine a few times. I've owned loads of amps and I wasn't even a Markbass fan but this one has taken me by surprise and I cannot fault it 😃

Well guys I went I looked and I compared and all I can say is wow.

Both amp and cab combinations were great. But the littlemark tube800 won me over and the traveler cabs just amazing I can only assume they fill those damn things will helium or something because I cannot understand how they get that power handling from something that compact and light. So I have gone for the 210 cab and the 115 cab in the traveler range and the littlemark tube 800.

Now I've got to try and sell my Ashdown rig. Wish me luck.

Congrats on the new rig. :santa2:

I'd have went for 2 identical cabs, but if you're mainly playing larger venues & outdoor gigs, then you're gonna have PA to put your sound to the audience.

You shouldn't have any probs shifting the Ashdown on here.

Oh, & as for the new rig...

:useless: