Why become a member? ×

Rehearsing in bed

bonzodog

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1443797631' post='2877817']
Surely that depends on repertoire, no..? I'd offer as example most of the early Roger Waters stuff; speed was seldom of the essence, I'd suggest. I'd agree for that there flashy stuff, but there's more to bass playing in the real world than [i]that[/i], I hope..? :mellow:
[/quote]

Okay, yes. I suppose what I was trying to say was that you need to have sufficient physical practice to give you the necessary context to make the imagined practice effective. For example, I've never flown a space shuttle. If I were to visualise flying a space shuttle, then while I could have a successful mission in my mind, I'd be scuppered once I got into a real shuttle because all the controls would be different.

Likewise, you could visualise playing your bass and get everything perfect, but then pick up a real instrument and discover that you just don't have the physical strength/speed/endurance to execute the moves that you were performing oh-so-effortlessly in your head.

S.P.

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1444073183' post='2880120']

If I had played bass in The Corrs I would have suggested that
[/quote]
That is perverted. In case you didn't notice, there was a prerequisite to joining the Corrs ie you had to be a member of the family.

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1444073183' post='2880120']
If I had played bass in The Corrs I would have suggested that
[/quote]

That reminds of the time I dreamt I was in bed with the blonde one out of Abba. What a nightmare! Why couldn't it have been his wife?