Why become a member? ×

Prose Headless Short Scale Bass
£375

J3ster

[center][size=4][u]Prose Headless Short Scale Bass Travel Bass[/u]

£475 + Postage

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The spec is fairly high having a Spanish Cedar Wood body with Ramin neck and Indian Rosewood fretboard, it has Gold coloured Hardware and Brass fret markers.

The fretboard is plain bar the 12th fret markers which are also Brass.
The Bass was made for me by Paul at Prose and finished in early 2010.
The Bass has Wizard pickups which Andy put together for me (as I wanted them to cover the strings at an angle) which I then supplied for the build.
The Bass is short scale and very light weight, I currently have Fender short scale strings on it and they are also hardly used.

I'm Based in Lincolnshire and the Bass is available for delivery collection (which I would personally prefer)[/font][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for looking.[/font][/color][/size]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2010/post-1969-1274011008.jpg"][/url][/center]

Edited by J3ster

Hi j3ster, my basic question is: given the 'travel bass' description and single pup + volume pot design, how well does it perform in gigs? Fyi, the stuff I play is pretty middle of the road, mainly '60s/'70s covers, so I'm not looking for a massive tonal range. Also what condition is it in functionally and cosmetically? Moe pics would be appreciated.

Hi Scrumpy,

I have actually never gigged with the Bass as I have other full size Basses that I use either in the studio or live. I had this built purely as a home pick up and play (not taking up much room) Bass. Given that the condition is not far off how I purchased it from Paul. It is pretty unusual as I supplied my own pickups due to wanting them across the strings. It plays really well and has very nice fast neck and great action.

If you are close to Lincolnshire you are welcome to come and try it.