Why become a member? ×

Short scale Strats - anyone tried one?

tedmanzie

I think these came out last year, 24" scale, I have a rising GAS for one... might head down to Guitar Guitar tomorrow...

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=14082912181958&gclid=CjwKEAjwhJmwBRDGsamBu8Pp7FwSJACKD1KHwoPWPnippsfkDPYHMThXhRfaxIV_OPMKlRts-E5RWBoCbZjw_wcB

There's a small group that love original Fender short scale guitars like the mustang, and I guess this is trying to tap that particular market. Not for me though - scale is a big part of both how a guitar plays and sounds, and I'm not really keen on the shorter scale.

If this kind of thing appeals then also try the Brian May red special replicas - the more accurate versions are also short scale IIRC.

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1443606587' post='2876090']
Why would you buy a short-scale strat when you could go for a Jaguar....the coolest guitar ever made ?

:)
[/quote]

I actually never realised these had 24" scale till you mentioned it!
I may well give one a go, although I don't really want a trem.

I've been playing a Squire Mini around the house which I think is about 23.5" scale. I really like it, but it's a bit on the small side generally.

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1443618043' post='2876273']
I actually never realised these had 24" scale till you mentioned it!
I may well give one a go, although I don't really want a trem.

I've been playing a Squire Mini around the house which I think is about 23.5" scale. I really like it, but it's a bit on the small side generally.
[/quote]

Do try out a Jag before you buy one...the trem and general feel can be a bit of an acquired taste.

I bought myself one for my 40th birthday :)