Why become a member? ×

Musician Jokes

jimcroisdale

I think I may have told this in the Bad Jokes thread already, and it's probably not exactly what you're after, but what the Heaven:

A saxophonist dies, and for some reason unbeknownst to man, he's accepted in Heaven. St. Peter takes him to the Heavenly Big Band where he gets to play with some of the greats. Satchmo's there. Bird's there. They're all there!
At some point he hears a solo from a stopped trumpet, but initially can't see the trumpet player. After some time though, he realises the trumpet player is the guy standing on the side of the band, dressed in an expensive Italian suit, and having his back turned to the audience.
Our guy asks who the Hull that is, and the guy next to him answers:
- "Him? Oh, that's just God. He thinks he's Miles Davis!"

Edited by BassTractor

Quentin joins an orchestra as a violinist and sits next to Sebastian during a run of concerts. Night after night they sit there, in their black suits, and play the pieces. During a long rest in one of them Sebastian turns to Quentin and say "do you know what? I am so fed up of sitting in this uncomfortable suit with my black bow tie, black socks and black shoes. Tomorrow night I'm jolly well going to do something about it".

Quentin says "good heavens, old chap, what on earth can you mean? What are you going to do?". "Just wait until tomorrow night", says Sebastian, "I'll bally well show them".

The next night comes and there's Sebastian in his black suit, white shirt an bow tie. When they get to that same long rest, Quentin asks "what happened to your resolve, old fellow?"

With that, Sebastian lifts the leg of his trousers to reveal a yellow stripe on his socks. "Great scot, what have you done" says Quentin.

Sebastian turns to Quentin and says "f**k 'em".

A saxophone player dies, and this time things are normal and he's sent directly to Hull. There seems to be a golden rim to the dark cloud though, as he's admitted to the Hull Big Band.
The charts are dense though, and being in the saxophone row is unbelievably hard work, so he turns to the next guy to whisper:
- "When do the solos start?",
upon which his neigbour replies:
- "No solos."

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
An eminent violinist had a pupil who was due to perform in a concert.
Someone was needed to play the piano accompaniment so the eminent violinist offered to play the piano for his pupil.
During the course of the piece someone was needed to turn the pages for the piano accompaniment, so the eminent violinist asked his friend, an eminent pianist, if he wouldn't mind turning the pages for him.
The eminent piano player was happy to oblige and so, the performance took place.
The following day this review appeared in the paper:[/font][/color][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]

The man who was playing the piano should've been playing the violin, the man who was turning the pages should've been playing the piano and the man who was playing the violin should've been turning the pages![/font][/color]

What's the difference between a trampoline and a banjo?
You take your shoes off to jump up and down on a trampoline.

What's the difference between a dead badger in the road and a dead bassoonist in the road?
The badger might have been on his way to a paying gig.

What's the definition of a gentleman?
Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't.

A violinist phones the orchestra office one day, asking to speak to the conductor. "I'm sorry" says the PA, "he has passed away."
Half an hour later he calls again, asking to speak to the conductor. "I've already told you" says the PA, "he's dead."
Half an hour later he calls yet again, asking to speak to the conductor. "Look" says the PA, "I've told you twice that the conductor is dead, why do you keep calling?"
The violinist replies, "I just like hearing you say it."

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1443179463' post='2872848']
how can you tell if a stage is level ?

The drummer drools from both sides of his mouth
[/quote]
[quote name='Dropzone' timestamp='1443189957' post='2872981']
[s][u]What do drummers use as a contraceptive -------- Their personality[/u][/s]
[/quote]

Please guys, the thread title is "Musician Jokes"! :P