Why become a member? ×

Real relic Fender 60's P bass £345

itsmedunc

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1442955213' post='2870974']
Looks like this one;

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/269191-another-oh-dear/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/269191-another-oh-dear/[/url]

But photographed better.
[/quote]

I knew I'd seen it before! Perhaps they are a rare set of twins?

Edited by itsmedunc

Yup, it's the same bass. Bought for £130 on 9th September from a guy in SE London, and re-listed within a fortnight with a description including

[b]I bought this out of curiosity some time ago with a view to doing a full restore but had nagging doubts that I would be destroying the history of what could easily be a very early Precision Bass ... [/b][b]It was actually turned up in a farm sale where it had been in a loft for decades and looking a good deal worse than it looks now with an awful setup[/b]

So basically he's a liar and a conman.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1442994423' post='2871158']
Yup, it's the same bass. Bought for £130 on 9th September from a guy in SE London, and re-listed within a fortnight with a description including

[b]I bought this out of curiosity some time ago with a view to doing a full restore but had nagging doubts that I would be destroying the history of what could easily be a very early Precision Bass ... [/b][b]It was actually turned up in a farm sale where it had been in a loft for decades and looking a good deal worse than it looks now with an awful setup[/b]

[/quote]
I can't believe someone paid £130 for it to be honest.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1442994423' post='2871158']

[/quote]

I continue to be amazed at how stupid some folks on eBay are in thinking that the past purchase of a crap piece of firewood now being sold as "possibly valuable vintage' with the classic "found in the attic/shed/farm/on old box Jaco sent me before he died" story can't be traced? Are these people simply too old to understand how the interweb works, or do they assume that they are cleverer than everyone else?

• 2 weeks later...