Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

8 hours ago, fretmeister said:

We could have a thread where we link to our patches on Customtone.

And we could Name them with "Basschat" as part of the title to make them easier to find when searching on the L6 site too.

Now that is a viable solution. Well done indeed!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I feel my dalliance with the Helix is coming to an end.  It's been fun but, like the Kemper and various multi-effects before it, the novelty has worn off and i seem to spend more time messing with it than playing.  I always end up with pretty much the same sound anyway so it's back to the Sansamp BDDI straight to the PA/IEMs I think.  Might keep it for a bit to see if i change my mind but otherwise, I'll stick it in the for sale section (along with various screen protectors, smoothound wireless and flightcase etc)

On 19/06/2018 at 16:05, intime-nick said:

I feel my dalliance with the Helix is coming to an end.  It's been fun but, like the Kemper and various multi-effects before it, the novelty has worn off and i seem to spend more time messing with it than playing.  I always end up with pretty much the same sound anyway so it's back to the Sansamp BDDI straight to the PA/IEMs I think.  Might keep it for a bit to see if i change my mind but otherwise, I'll stick it in the for sale section (along with various screen protectors, smoothound wireless and flightcase etc)

That's a shame!

I've just had ten minutes just to muck around with mine and I am finding that I am getting closer to the sounds in my head than ever before. Sure, I'd love HX FX to be able to do all of that so I can have an even smaller box to gig with, but this thing is making my life really easy. I'm becoming more comfortable with using Line 6 Native too, so I can take my recorded sounds out with me without too much fiddling.

Stick with it a bit longer maybe Nick?

Will you still be working on those extender buttons or anything like that?

On 25/06/2018 at 17:58, dood said:

That's a shame!

I've just had ten minutes just to muck around with mine and I am finding that I am getting closer to the sounds in my head than ever before. Sure, I'd love HX FX to be able to do all of that so I can have an even smaller box to gig with, but this thing is making my life really easy. I'm becoming more comfortable with using Line 6 Native too, so I can take my recorded sounds out with me without too much fiddling.

Stick with it a bit longer maybe Nick?

Will you still be working on those extender buttons or anything like that?

Yeah, I’ve played the past few gigs straight from my wireless into the XR18 with the inbuilt Sansamp effect inserted on my two channels (one for FOH and one for IEM so I can get different mixes & tones) and it’s working very well.  It’s actually nice being able to play and sing and not have to screw around with my helix.  I go through phases of not wanting any effects and then coming back to the latest multi-effects gizmo - I think I’m finally bored with effects and really like the sound of my new Warwick Streamer Jazzman with little enhancement (but that may change !).  Nothing wrong with the helix at all (apart from the poor engineering on the LT expression pedal which annoys me more than it probably should)

As for the helix parts - my day job has got very busy recently so when I get time away from designing drum kits, I may be able to get back onto it (haven’t forgotten about your belt clip connector holder though !)

18 minutes ago, dood said:

I really like the idea of a one button looper actually! 

Nice touch... although a port of the DL4 would have been quite a cool addition.

Kemper has a loop function. Never use it... probably because it's not as good/straightforward as a dedicated loop pedal.

47 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Nice touch... although a port of the DL4 would have been quite a cool addition.

Kemper has a loop function. Never use it... probably because it's not as good/straightforward as a dedicated loop pedal.

I haven't used the Helix's existing onboard 6 button looper in anger yet but I have sat and played with it for fun. I can actually see that the addition of this looper means that you don't have to come out of your 'signal path view' which will please my already daily confused head!

The treble booster will probably be fun for my terrible Brian May guitar playing impressions :) 

3 minutes ago, LewisK1975 said:

Same here!

It really is screaming for some new Bass stuff now isn't it?  Really should have a good sansamp clone on it for a start!

It'd be great if the bass offerings matched those in Positive Grid's BIAS 2, which is insanely good on the amplifier sim front.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LewisK1975 said:

Same here!

It really is screaming for some new Bass stuff now isn't it?  Really should have a good sansamp clone on it for a start!

It's still got way more bass stuff than Fractal and Kemper. So I'm not fussed about amp updates.

But I'd like some more compressors and synths.

• Like 1