Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

Freq response is 70hz to 20khz

I cut off the lows at about 75hz on my bass patches anyway so I think I could use this in the house for bass as well and cut down on the stuff in my lounge! Keep the Barefaced cabs in another room out of the way unless I'm going out to play.

And best of all.... NO SMEGGING FAN!!!!!!

The epic thread has been deleted now.

Apparently because of the rules.

I may have now mentioned that there is nothing in the rules that allows the deletion of a thread about the rules.

I'm expecting the banhammer.

Still - the actual Line 6 guys post in all manner of FB groups.

On 4/11/2018 at 09:37, fretmeister said:

Interesting new L6 product for modellers - aimed at the guitarists at the moment, but an indication of the future.

My guitarist has just sent back his Stagesource  ("too ugly, too fiddly and not loud enough")  and ordered one of these so  I'll see if he'll let me try bass through it...

6 hours ago, fretmeister said:

For those who were interested in capacitive button extenders..

29792457_1747654105297541_70257629790793

It's a prototype by Designworx. Facebook link below.

I'm pretty excited as Nick very Kindly shared the first pictures with me. I love these and have put my order in already! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

After defections Chad has now changed the group rules so people can recommend products that he doesn't make.

Would not surprise me if the real L6 guys had a word behind the scenes. Can't be good for a brand.

I tried to have a look at the forum, but I couldn't get in for all the toys thrown everywhere... dear me!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Or you could just get a Truetone supply which is more flexible with mA ratings.

BTW just seen an interesting OC-2 patch posted on TB, using the Pitch Ring Mod rather than the octaver - somebody give it a go and report back?

Shape 0.0
DutyCyc 50%
Octave -1
Pitch 0.00
Low Cut Off
Hi Cut 500Hz
Mix 100%
FM Amnt 0.0

12 minutes ago, tandark said:

Incoming new updated cioks power supplies have ALL 9v 660ma outputs.

Surely 2 outputs combined with a doubler cable and 2.5mm adapter will be enough to power a HX Effects?

I've a clone power supply that has isolated outputs and two are 1A each. Is that enough to power the HXFX? I'll dig out a link; I've been rather surprised at how good it is for the money!

7 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Or you could just get a Truetone supply which is more flexible with mA ratings.

BTW just seen an interesting OC-2 patch posted on TB, using the Pitch Ring Mod rather than the octaver - somebody give it a go and report back?

I haven't got a OC2 to compare it with,  and there's only one octave down but it's pretty good. Better than the Simple Pitch one I currently use.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Muppet said:

I haven't got a OC2 to compare it with,  and there's only one octave down but it's pretty good. Better than the Simple Pitch one I currently use.

Same here, never had an OC-2, but i'll swap my 'simple pitch' for it and give it a go..

If you want an approximation to the OC-2, isn't the legacy Bass Octaver closer than the Simple Pitch? That's what I remember from my trial I ran anyhow, seemed a pretty decent emulation of an EBS Octabass, so much fatter sounding than a digital pitch shifter.

4 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

If you want an approximation to the OC-2, isn't the legacy Bass Octaver closer than the Simple Pitch? That's what I remember from my trial I ran anyhow, seemed a pretty decent emulation of an EBS Octabass, so much fatter sounding than a digital pitch shifter.

TBH @dannybuoy Simple pitch was the first one I found when setting up my main patch and I've stuck with it so far, I'll certainly be trying the other octavers on there, probably tonight actually!