Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

Re the vol pedal.

I don’t use a vol pedal at all but you might be able to do what you want in Snapshots rather than with patch changes. Snapshots have a keep or reject changes option. Never tried it for the vol pedal though. Worth a try.

Red, are you on Facebook? The big L6 group is really useful. Almost 12,000 members now. Lots of weird routing nerds! :D

Back row pedal height issue...

https://barefootbuttons.com/

Some guys are using these. You do lose the capacitive effect but that’s not really a gig issue.

Or you can be clever and stick a tiny bit of copper tape to the inside and run it to the top of the barefoot button. Then the capacitive element works again.

17 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Back row pedal height issue...

https://barefootbuttons.com/

Some guys are using these. You do lose the capacitive effect but that’s not really a gig issue.

Or you can be clever and stick a tiny bit of copper tape to the inside and run it to the top of the barefoot button. Then the capacitive element works again.

Oh you legend! Wow I wonder if someone will make a conductive version rather than use the copper tape!

23 hours ago, dood said:

I'm really hoping that somewhere it's possible to save the level of the pedal at zero rather than max in this case.

We’ll the way mine is working at the moment if I save the patch with the volume set to 0 then that’s how it will be when I recall that program.

8 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

We’ll the way mine is working at the moment if I save the patch with the volume set to 0 then that’s how it will be when I recall that program.

Hmm. So what would be the ideal? Read the current pedal position I presume?

On 16/03/2018 at 17:38, dood said:

Oh you legend! Wow I wonder if someone will make a conductive version rather than use the copper tape!

Shouldn’t be that difficult to design & 3D print one with a conductive element built into it. I’ll have a look at it when I get a spare moment. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, intime-nick said:

Shouldn’t be that difficult to design & 3D print one with a conductive element built into it. I’ll have a look at it when I get a spare moment. 

Take my damn money!!!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, intime-nick said:

Quick 3D printed prototype with some magnets I had knocking around. Needs a bit of resizing but works OK.   will print one in a translucent material next so the colour ring is visible

20180321_140534.mp4

I suspect if you post that up the in the Facebook line 6 group, you'll have a full order book...

43 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I suspect if you post that up the in the Facebook line 6 group, you'll have a full order book...

yeah - only problem is Chad, the group admin who doesn't like 'competing' products posted - he sells some bits and bobs on there.  I've had posts deleted about the screen protectors etc

Edited by intime-nick

8 minutes ago, intime-nick said:

yeah - only problem is Chad, the group admin who doesn't like 'competing' products posted - he sells some bits and bobs on there.  I've had posts deleted about the screen protectors etc

What a douche.

Nothing like a power happy facebook group admin. It seems to be a necessity!

Edited by EBS_freak

4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

He is a bit of a tool.

I find it VERY disconcerting that you can pay $49.99 to get 'premium membership' unless you're female, in which case you get it for free. Is it just me, or is there a slight "get in my van, darling :secret:" creepiness to that?

36 minutes ago, Jack said:

I find it VERY disconcerting that you can pay $49.99 to get 'premium membership' unless you're female, in which case you get it for free. Is it just me, or is there a slight "get in my van, darling :secret:" creepiness to that?

I'm on a selling group where the guy who runs it tried to have a £1 member fee and it all kicked off - I thought charging for groups was against FBs t&cs?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jack said:

It was a reaction to a load of sexist and bigoted crap that kept appearing on the page from some users.

I haven't got a problem with that. I've just got a problem that he's trying to charge for reading the manual to you!

It's the same in the Kemper world too. Everybody trying to flog profiles... alot of them absolutely dire... and with no evidence of them actually being their own profiles, or even profiles of what they are reputably meant to be profiles of. The good thing about the Kemper though, is that there are the established folk out there that have the supporting evidence and great sounding profiles that back up their business. MBritt is probably top of the class for that... and in this country, theampfactory.

• Like 1

Used the Helix and RCF745 for my first gig on Friday. And it all went very well. I set up the RCF in a wedge configuration aiming across the front of the stage, and got a great on-stage mix which everyone could hear without needing to put any bass in the foldback.

The only thing that I need to address was that I was using the XLR outputs on the Helix to drive the RCF from the left output and as a DI to the FoH from the right. However that mean that the level of both outputs was dependent on the Helix master volume control, which obviously isn't ideal when sending a signal to the PA.

Therefore is there any way of only having one output dependent upon the position of the master volume control and the other output at a pre-set global volume to send to the PA and won't change if I need to change the volume of the bass on-stage?

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Used the Helix and RCF745 for my first gig on Friday. And it all went very well. I set up the RCF in a wedge configuration aiming across the front of the stage, and got a great on-stage mix which everyone could hear without needing to put any bass in the foldback.

The only thing that I need to address was that I was using the XLR outputs on the Helix to drive the RCF from the left output and as a DI to the FoH from the right. However that mean that the level of both outputs was dependent on the Helix master volume control, which obviously isn't ideal when sending a signal to the PA.

Therefore is there any way of only having one output dependent upon the position of the master volume control and the other output at a pre-set global volume to send to the PA and won't change if I need to change the volume of the bass on-stage?

Barring some crazy routing to do with the panning left and right, the xlrs are linked together as are the 1/4". I've been using the xlr (line level, volume control) to the cabs and the 1/4" (mic level, no volume control) to a Radial SB2 and then to the pa. Like you, I found that I needed two distinct XLR sends (one for me, one for foh) and the stereo pair wasn't giving me that. As an aside, if it's not our board or our soundman (ok, the drummer's dad) I would be worried that there's phantom power being sent from foh to the helix, which the internal xlrs apparently don't cope well with. DI box solved both problems and I already had it so it was 'free'.