Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

On 23/11/2017 at 16:53, LewisK1975 said:

Just done a quick search and nothing really.

Coda music are doing the LT for £729 but PMT and a few others do it for £739 anyway..

https://www.coda-music.com/black-friday/line-6-helix-lt.html

GAK is £718 today but many others like PMT will price match. I bought one yestarday after recording bass with one recently. First impressions are "It be big and black and I be afraid of it".

I've been down the multieffects route before and hated it but I so far I find using this is amazingly similar and inuitive. 

Edited by Pinball

36 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

How does the EBS pedal compare to the Helix drive which is based on Billy’s Pearce  preamp Dan? 

Laughably, I've had the Helix a while and I've just not had the time I would have liked to have spent tweaking, but, the Pearce Preamp is very very good and will probably at some point take over the pedal. That said, I really like the simplicity of the pedal there too. It feels a bit like when I used to be a guitar shredder and have a two channel amp behind me ha!  It's a bit of a 'core tone' thing for me in conjunction with the HyperGravity just above it. If I continue that route, so I have a 'core tone always on' thing, I'll probably drop an EQ in there. Not because I need to, but you know... that's more pretty lights, isn't it lol !!!! 

I think with some tweaking the Pearce Preamp is going to be a killer, but for now, EBS stays. It is my favourite distortion pedal.

Dan

Hi Guys!

I'm thinking of moving over from traditional amp/pedals setup to Helix into FRFR cab but I have a few questions of you have the time? 

I haven' heard much about the envelope filter and octaves. Does it do a decent funk envelope filter? Will the octave be comparable to an OC2? Also is there a POG like octave up function? 

Also do you have any recommendations on a decent FRFR cab to run it through? Price is a factor for me, I'm afraid. 

Thanks for any help in advance. ☺️

Ah you sorted out a deal with Nath? He's a top bloke. Great guitarist too. Or you find one elsewhere?

I have no idea re: Native plugin. I've had a quick look on the website, looks like you have to have a Line6 account on which I presume you register your Line6 Helix. May be worth signing up and taking a look at how you go about registering your device. It's a similar deal for Kemper but I've never owned a Helix, only used them, so I'm not too sure. £75 for the plugin though, got to be good though, if you are recording and like to tweak on the fly.

1 minute ago, EBS_freak said:

Ah you sorted out a deal with Nath? He's a top bloke. Great guitarist too. Or you find one elsewhere?

I have no idea re: Native plugin. I've had a quick look on the website, looks like you have to have a Line6 account on which I presume you register your Line6 Helix. May be worth signing up and taking a look at how you go about registering your device. It's a similar deal for Kemper but I've never owned a Helix, only used them, so I'm not too sure. £75 for the plugin though, got to be good though, if you are recording and like to tweak on the fly.

Yeah, picking it up from Nath on Sunday (just sorting some logistics out!)

Having it on both the physical and software format will mean that A/B and tweaking should be a lot easier, I won't get the native to start with as pennies need to be recouped but I can see it being very helpful

Just logged in, there a section to register the Helix in there - you have to provide serial number and upload a copy of the receipt. There is a drop down for where you've bought it from - may be worth checking the T&Cs to see if applies to second users... or see if you can get a receipt or something.

As a guitarist first and foremost and bassist second, I'm wondering whether an LT is the way to go to serve both my needs. An Aguilar bass amp is something I'd love  and so to find one in here with the latest update and having people here who've owned the "real thing" before saying it's convincing is a great endorsement.

Forgive me, as the thread is so many pages in and I haven't read all of it, can I ask are there any guitarist/bassists here that are using the unit for both and if so, what's your choice of speaker (QSC, Yamaha) to handle both jobbies for gigs? For just the bassists, what's been the popular choice of speaker with these?

I keep finding it hard to find the most up to date list of bass amps and fx. Any handy links to these?

Cheers

3 hours ago, Kebabkid said:

For just the bassists, what's been the popular choice of speaker with these?

I have used it with both an Rcf745a and Barefaced FR800s. Both are a brilliant partner for a helix. Our guitarist has also used both with a helix and prefers the FR800 for aesthetic reasons and also thought it was a bit crisper. 

Out of interest, what cases are you guys preferring for the Helix / LT?

I'd like one with a detachable lid ideally, any recommendations?

I saw the one on Thomann when I did a quick google...  https://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_case_line6_helix_lt.htm?glp=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA9rjRBRAeEiwA2SV4ZTKjBgPqyGkj8QgWo49Fyptbwrt_kfRWuc1Byux-rzAf-w1u-TZNYxoCkVoQAvD_BwE

Edited by LewisK1975