Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

[quote name='GisserD' timestamp='1505546187' post='3372671']
Trying the helix native plugin version has kinda put me off getting a helix. I found it very difficult to dial In the effects.

Can anybody that's used both floor unit and plugin comment on the usability- sound comparison?
[/quote]

The sounds are identical.

I find the hardware easier to use than the plugin though.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me father, of I have sinned. I went out gigging with just basic effects this weekend. The Helix hasn't come out with me yet. I spent more time having fun creating sounds with the few pedals I had rather than taking Helix LT. Do I need Helix?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1507463455' post='3385571']
The lack of bending down is why I went with the rack
[/quote]

Exactly! That plus the fact that my desk has the ability to rack stuff means it will be really neat and tidy!

Bought a Helix LT this weekend (Absolute were doing a stupidly good 0% 24 months finance deal and a good price). I got them to get it out of stores for a gander and my other half said, "Just buy it...here's the deposit". :-)

Patched to the latest spec, just got to find the time to actually set it up now.

[quote name='DorsetBlue' timestamp='1507544179' post='3386127']
Bought a Helix LT this weekend (Absolute were doing a stupidly good 0% 24 months finance deal and a good price). I got them to get it out of stores for a gander and my other half said, "Just buy it...here's the deposit". :-) Patched to the latest spec, just got to find the time to actually set it up now.
[/quote]

Congrats!! That's a serious piece of kit, enjoy!

Cameron you've had Line 6 Helix GAS for, like, almost 12 minutes already and not bought one? Unlike you to be displaying such deferred gratification tendencies! :D

Edited by Al Krow

[quote name='DorsetBlue' timestamp='1507544179' post='3386127']
Bought a Helix LT this weekend (Absolute were doing a stupidly good 0% 24 months finance deal and a good price). I got them to get it out of stores for a gander and my other half said, "Just buy it...here's the deposit". :-)

Patched to the latest spec, just got to find the time to actually set it up now.
[/quote]

Why can't I find this deal online?! A conspiracy I say!

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1507578604' post='3386542']
[/quote]

PMT, DV247 and Andertons don't appear to be doing the 0% deals at the moment. Well, Andertons do 9 months interest free.

Your best bet would be to get a credit card offering the same and set up a monthly payment to it. Cut the card up, give it a responsible adult or hide it, but don't use it for anything else. I have a 27month 0% card that I have done the same with to buy an important piece of kit with. It works out cheaper than any other deal I could possibly find for said piece of hardware.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1507578604' post='3386542']
[/quote]

It is Absolute Music's anniversary and they are doing special deals in store over the next month. This weekend was 'Guitar' weekend and they were doing 24 months 0% on all guitars and pedals over £399.

Have any of you guys seen the Erik Arko vid where he's using a Yamaha Attitude LTD3? I'm starting to take more interest in the Helix LT, and in the vid he uses separate signal paths for each pickup/output of the bass, but he also send them to separate outputs. I have an Att Ltd 2 and was wondering, is it possible to use 2 inputs and have a seperate signal path per pickup/output, but only use one output on the Helix, so I can run into one amp? The plan would be to use the fx return on my GK MB Fusion, meaning that in case of emergency I've still got an actual amp with me on gigs.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1508245271' post='3390789']
Have any of you guys seen the Erik Arko vid where he's using a Yamaha Attitude LTD3? I'm starting to take more interest in the Helix LT, and in the vid he uses separate signal paths for each pickup/output of the bass, but he also send them to separate outputs. I have an Att Ltd 2 and was wondering, is it possible to use 2 inputs and have a seperate signal path per pickup/output, but only use one output on the Helix, so I can run into one amp? The plan would be to use the fx return on my GK MB Fusion, meaning that in case of emergency I've still got an actual amp with me on gigs.
[/quote]

Yes.

Dead easy.

Each of the chains can be separated or joined together for a mono output.

In fact if you really want - you can have 1/4 inch to a real amp, and another going to a 2nd amp without cab sims. Then the XLRs with Cab Sims going to the PA split left and right or clean and dirty.... and then have the USB going to a PC for recording etc etc.

Easy to do as well. Set each input path up for a different input so they behave like separate amps. Then at the end of each path set which output you want to route it to.

Under 20 seconds to set up that routing. Probably under 10 seconds when you've had it for a week!