Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1474622737' post='3139268']
Uploaded IR are static - no adjustment.

the stock ones have loads of adjustment options - mic type, distance from the cone etc etc.

I haven't yet found an external IR that can't be duplicated by fiddling with the stock ones.
[/quote]

Interesting! I think I need to find one to fiddle with :)

My latest project is looking at a silent stage so it'll be good to see what we can manage. TBH, most of the time it'll be one sound for the whole set I expect...

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1474623865' post='3139286']
TBH, most of the time it'll be one sound for the whole set I expect...
[/quote]

Me too - for one band it's a switch from almost clean to mild crunch for the rockier stuff and a bit of chorus on that for Sweet Child. The other band it's mild crunch for most to a bit more for the punky end and a lot for some Motorhead. About 4 sounds in total that I've so far duplicated with one rig and some snapshots.

Got an acoustic side-project where I'll be swapping between bass and guitar that needs a different approach.

With that little lot the Helix makes way more sense to me even though each one is simple.

• 3 months later...

Loads more bass kit in the next update in Feb!

B7KU, Sunn Amps, the Pearce preamp!!!!!!

Helix FW 2.20 Preview (The "Get Low" Update)

AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY—DON'T GO LOOKING FOR IT!

New Amps
- Line 6 Badonk, all new Line 6 original inspired by the original high gain Big Bottom model
- Del Sol 300, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass amp
- Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 bass amp
- Busy One Ch1, based on* channel 1 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- Busy One Ch2, based on* channel 2 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
- Busy One Jump, based on* channel 1 and 2 (jumped) of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

New Hybrid Cabs
- 1x12 Match H30, based on* the Matchless® DC-30 cab (12” G12H30 speaker)
- 1x12 Match G25, based on* the Matchless® DC-30 cab (12” Greenback 25 speaker)
- 1x12 Cali IV, based on* the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV 12” cab
- 1x12 Cali EXT, based on* the MESA/Boogie® 12” extension cab (EVM12L speaker)
- 1x12 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (12” speaker)
- 1x18 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (18” speaker)
- 1x18 Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 18” bass cab

New Effects
- Dynamics > Auto Swell (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
- Distortion > Obsidian 7000 (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Darkglass Electronics® Microtubes B7K Ultra bass preamp/overdrive/EQ
- Distortion > Clawthorn Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Wounded Paw Battering Ram bass overdrive
- Delay > Vintage Swell (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
- Delay > Adriatic Swell (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
- Pitch/Synth > 4 OSC Generator (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6.

New Features
- Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > Send MIDI Clock—Helix can now transmit MIDI clock to synchronize the tempo of external pedals, rack gear, and software. Select “Off” (Helix does not transmit clock), “MIDI” (Helix transmits clock from only the MIDI OUT jack), “USB” (Helix transmits clock only via USB), or “MIDI+USB” (Helix transmits clock from both MIDI and USB)
- Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > Receive MIDI Clock—Helix can now synchronize its time-based effects (such as delay and modulation) to incoming MIDI clock from external DAW software, drum machines, keyboard workstations, or other modelers. Select “Off” (Helix ignores MIDI clock), “MIDI” (Helix responds to clock received at its MIDI IN jack), “USB” (Helix responds to clock received via USB), or “Auto” (Helix uses its internal tempo generator until receiving clock from either MIDI or USB)
- Variax Workbench HD Support—Variax can now communicate directly with Variax Workbench HD software (Mac/PC) through Helix via USB.
- Clear Bypass Assignment—Individual blocks’ bypass assignments can now be cleared. From the Bypass Assign screen, select the block whose bypass assignment(s) you wish to clear. Press ACTION and then Knob 1 (Clear Assignments).
- Line 6 Allure Pack IRs—Dan Boul of 65 Amps has created a pack of six user impulseresponses for use with Helix or any other modeler or software that supports them. Download the free Allure Pack here:http://line6.com/allure/

Improvements/Changes
- Receive MIDI Clock and Send MIDI Clock have also been added to the Tempo panel shortcut.At any time, touch TAP to open the Tempo panel.
- Reverb > Plate, Room, Chamber, Hall, Echo, Tile, Cave, Ducking, and Octo have all been optimized to be less DSP-intensive
- Pitch > Pitch Wham, Twin Harmony, Simple Pitch, Dual Pitch, and 3 OSC Synth have all been optimized to be less DSP-intensive
- Additions to and improvements made to the existing factory preset bundle
- If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will scare small woodland creatures back into their holes, triggering sixmore weeks of winter weather

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

It's not necessarily L6 based question, but I've been looking at some guitar effects processors so that I could ditch my pedalboard, and have only one unit.
The problem is, I'm connecting my electric bass along the Moog Little Phatty synth, and I have Boss LS line-selector for this.

Now, most of these effect processors seem to have only ONE input, when I need two.
Is there any stuff, where they offer multiple inputs to add?

thanks a lot,
L

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1484906266' post='3219512']
The L6 guys on another forum have been teasing.

It appears that the Pearce they used to get the model is a "legendary" one. I'm thinking it might be Sheehan's modified one.

Giggity.
[/quote]

It is. Confirmed by the man himself to Jon Willis at the NAMM show. There's a post/thread about it on the Yamaha Attitude facebook page.

Edited by LewisK1975

• 1 month later...

I've had a quick blast with the B7KU model. It's bordering on perfect. Thick, grindy, had all the switches. Lovely.

The Pearce BC1 models are equally awesome. There are 3. Clean, dirty, jumped.

And Line6 actually borrowed Billy Sheehan's favourite BC1 to model.

Very happy! Time to make loads more presets!

I play a bit of guitar as well so it was always good value for me, but with the new Bass related update it has really become a far better bass product.
I think this will continue - the main product chief is a bassist himself.

As usual though, if you try one in a shop it won't have the latest firmware on it! No doubt any new ones that ship from now on will have it, but existing stock won't.

I've been playing with the Pearce BC1 jumped on one pathway, and a B7KU into a Mesa 400+ on the other. Each side blending cleanas well as their own drive flavours. It sounds huge.

The Pearce is particularly good. I've got an Ampeg SVP-BSP which sounds the same, but the L6 model of it has far less hiss when dimed. It really is better than the real thing.
I'm very happy!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1490947929' post='3269225']
I play a bit of guitar as well so it was always good value for me, but with the new Bass related update it has really become a far better bass product.
I think this will continue - the main product chief is a bassist himself.

As usual though, if you try one in a shop it won't have the latest firmware on it! No doubt any new ones that ship from now on will have it, but existing stock won't.

I've been playing with the Pearce BC1 jumped on one pathway, and a B7KU into a Mesa 400+ on the other. Each side blending cleanas well as their own drive flavours. It sounds huge.

The Pearce is particularly good. I've got an Ampeg SVP-BSP which sounds the same, but the L6 model of it has far less hiss when dimed. It really is better than the real thing.
I'm very happy!
[/quote]

Yeah I'll have to find somewhere to trial but at the moment I'm not actually TOO worried. I don't usually do anything too insane with my sounds. I'll probably keep my pedalboard anyway so it's basically replacing a Hartke Kilo and Bergantino NV610. Which while it sounds pretty amazing stood infront of it I don't expect the punters would notice too much if playing through a decent PA and the Line6 :)

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1490951871' post='3269291'] Lots of punters never notice anything except out of tune singers and dodgy time keeping. I'm reaching the point of getting me some Dave Lee Roth leather chaps with the arse cut out of them just to get them to notice! :D [/quote]

:huh: :o :blink: :D

• 3 weeks later...