Why become a member? ×

Status Series II Price Drop SOLD
£1650

jojobass

Wow, just '12' older than mine (probably within a couple of months, so I'd say this was Oct/Nov 1986) Some subtle changes from mine in those intervening weeks but still with the extremely desirable script Status plate. Nice to see pics of the case and instructions card if they're still around. Also, any idea of the facing timber - could be Shedua? I don't need another obviously, however, I'd love this. I 'rediscovered' mine in the past few weeks - extraordinary instruments - the punch, clarity and playability. 'Know what you mean by 'almost too fast'. Incidentally, I was offered a great deal of money for mine by a very reputable bass shop in London. So pleased now that I didn't sell it.

Edited by three

Bizarrely, I sold Series II number 263 earlier this year.... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/264182-status-series-ii-1986-sold/page__p__2810317__hl__status__fromsearch__1#entry2810317"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2810317[/url]

So either Rob Green mistakenly produced two basses with the same serial number or this has changed hands a few times in three months!

To the OP - when did you buy it from BD?

Edit: The guy I sold it to did indeed sell it to BD - so this is my old bass. Feel free to ask me any questions about it! :) I still have the original flightcase for it if anyone is interested...

Edited by Conan

[quote name='three' timestamp='1442920746' post='2870483']
...I'd say this was Oct/Nov 1986. Some subtle changes from mine in those intervening weeks but still with the extremely desirable script Status plate. Nice to see pics of the case and instructions card if they're still around. Also, any idea of the facing timber - could be Shedua? [/quote]

November 24th 1986 to be precise! :) 30 years old next year.

The instruction card was certainly included when I sold the bass, and the woods are Utile (a type of mahogany) on the front and Amazaque on the back. Veneer is simply described as "red" :D

A fantastic bass that has been well gigged but well looked after by it's original owner (me!) for nearly 30 years.

BTW, to the OP: If you change the thread title so that it reads "Status" rather than "Satus" you might get more hits! :lol:

Edited by Conan

There's something about the 'script' logo bridges that just look so classy. The monorails are 'better' but this is the definitive Status look IMO. I briefly considered buying it at the time but funds aren't quite what they were and there are plenty of exciting synths available as well.

Wow! If you don't mind me asking, who now owns my old bass? (Just in case I ever want to explore getting it back again...) :)

PM me if you want to keep it quiet of course...

BTW, if you edit the thread title to include the word "sold" then the mods can lock the thread B)

Edited by Conan