Why become a member? ×

NBD! Finally, I understand the appeal :D

Mornats

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1462635369' post='3044582']
Bit of a resurrection of this post with an update. This is now definitely my number 1 bass. I just love it. Interestingly, as the strings on it die off it sounds better and better. I've had a set of Elixirs waiting to go on this since October and they're still sat in their packet. I played this at Mr Wolf's in Bristol a few weeks ago through my MarkBass CMD 121P and the bass player for the next band complimented me on the sound of it :)
[/quote]
Paul and I play together regularly and his P bass definitely hits the spot. When practising I prefer the sound of his P bass as it just sounds right and fits with the 12 and 6 stringers and with my voice. Just like a good recording mix :)

• 3 years later...

Almost 5 years on from when I first got this (4 months off the full 5 years) and this is still my number one bass. I've not bought another one since either. Still love it.

I only thought of how long it's been as I saw a Sire U5 online today and thought hmm, I've not bought a bass in years, I wonder why...

• Like 2

Looks like you got a good one to start with! A few years ago I decided I needed a Precision and bought a Japanese FSR 60s Lacquer, which I liked so much I decided to jump right in and find a pre-CBS one. I now have two of those, and a Dingwall Super P, plus around five or six others...

Is a lovely looking bass, ive got an itch for a P bass at the moment,I have some P/J basses but I love the simplicity and the classic look of the one pickup , thankfully for my wallet there doesnt seem to be many short scale P basses around

I used to have a PJ bass and still love the sound when I hear it on past recordings. Maybe that's why I like that Sire U5 :)

But that P bass tone just fits in everywhere and can't be beat. 

Edited by Mornats

Nah I understand the appeal completely.
A Pbass is like glue in the mix. Everything just flows.

I only sold my P basses because the old Ric V63 does the same in the mix and more. It doesn't sound like those new Ric 4003 at all. Has different pickups and pickup placement, too.

Anyway, congrats man! Can't go wrong with a Pbass.

• Like 1