Why become a member? ×

Later With Jools - with bass

spectoremg

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1442564505' post='2867752']
Excellent! It's back on. Trouble is, I cancelled my Sky, so I can't record it plus Coast are playing in our local town hall tonight and I want to go and see that. Oh, what to do?
[/quote]buy a freeview recorder, get them for £50 of ebay

Thank goodness for hard drive recorders. Some weeks I find I've fast forwarded through the whole program.

It's a shame. There are so many good artists and bands touring but Later just seem to have a knack of choosing the people who are not interesting to me.

Vintage Trouble are touring soon. I wonder If they'll be on. Somehow I doubt it.

Even though Foals look like people I'd love to kick in the nads, I thought their performance was pretty good. And props to Ricky Lee Jones (featuring Dave Swift on bass by the look of it) for still bothering to get out of bed. I like her 'balls to everyone' 'tude. I thought everything else was abysmal. Don't see what the fuss is with My Morning Jacket. Terrible band, terrible name. And a couple of 'em could do with getting down the gym. Said the fat bloke with high blood pressure. I just don't think TV is the best medium for music. Too many variables.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1442567126' post='2867793']
Even though Foals look like people I'd love to kick in the nads, I thought their performance was pretty good. And props to Ricky Lee Jones (featuring Dave Swift on bass by the look of it) for still bothering to get out of bed. I like her 'balls to everyone' 'tude. I thought everything else was abysmal. Don't see what the fuss is with My Morning Jacket. Terrible band, terrible name. And a couple of 'em could do with getting down the gym. Said the fat bloke with high blood pressure. I just don't think TV is the best medium for music. Too many variables.
[/quote]

I thought I had heard everything on basschat but I was mistaken. It appears that if you are overweight then you are flawed and shouldn't be on a stage. How on earth did B.B. King manage?

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1442572400' post='2867868']
I thought I had heard everything on basschat but I was mistaken. It appears that if you are overweight then you are flawed and shouldn't be on a stage. How on earth did B.B. King manage?
[/quote]

Well, you know how it is in modern Britain in the entertainment industry! It's all about appearance and image!
As usual my post was not entirely serious. Maybe I should use more smilies... :)

Thanks for the heads up; didn't know it was back. I'll catch it tonight.

Pretty hit and miss this last couple of series though. Far too many old cronies without much to say.

the show used to have a unifying 'roots' type theme that made for great variety with a lot of fresh (to us) faces. Not so much now.

I wonder if Jules hasn't outsourced most of the musical choices to the producers? Or maybe the researchers are more cloth-eared than they used to be?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1442572673' post='2867874']
Well, you know how it is in modern Britain in the entertainment industry! It's all about appearance and image!
As usual my post was not entirely serious. Maybe I should use more smilies... :)
[/quote]

Nah, they were just playing at it...

[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/user/KevB64/media/mammoth_zps50prrwvu.jpg.html][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/KevB64/mammoth_zps50prrwvu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1442564367' post='2867751']
Didn't realise it was back on will set the recorder for the proper programme tonight. I see Squeeze are on, quite like some of their new material.
[/quote]I didn't realise it was back either. Probably coincidence but I haven't seen one ad for it.

It's about time they had some Prog act on it. The genre has seen a real resurgence over the last 10-15 years but it's never really been represented on the show. Spock's Beard will be touring whilst the current series is running, it would be refreshing to see them get a slot. But we'll get some pretty female rapper. Again. Probably.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1442594538' post='2868126']
The Stereophonics are on next week, got to give these up and comers a helping hand... ;)
[/quote]by having established acts on it boosts viewing figures achieving 2 things, it keeps the programme from being cancelled and the up and coming acts get more exposure ;)