Why become a member? ×

de afwerking mk6-6s & mk6-g6 - blablas is doing a double build

blablas

No pressure Blablas. Heeheehee

One of the advantages of building from kits is that I can watch the real craftsmen carving their visions out from hand picked pieces of timber while I happily put together some generically shaped parts. All I have to do is finish them really but I get a vicarious buzz from posting my meagre efforts none the less. It's been great because I get advice from those who have built from scratch.

Hanging with the big boys; I'm not that creative but it does me good to absorb the knowledge that is being shared here.

Guitar:
Made a rough neck layout, only the scale and fret positions are absolutely correct.
With the use of this neck layout I was able to modify the body design to something that fits nicely to this neck, around it's 1 to 1,5 cm smaller than the bass body.

Still need to work out the headstock, once I've got the nut and bridge I can do that, not urgent right now.

Edited by blablas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yet it's true, haven't felt the desire to do something on them. The last couple of months I could vent all my fabricating urges in my work. ;)

This is by far the slowest build I've ever done. :dash1:

Was planning on doing something on the the coming weeks so maybe I might surprise you.