Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Yamaha TRB5P MIJ neck-through piezos flame maple OHSC + manual : near mint!
£750

pluckedout

This is an absolutely stunning example of (to my mind) one of the greatest 5 string basses ever and it's in near mint condition, just one tiny dink on the back near the battery case (see pic).

Flame maple body in translucent orange with ebony fingerboard and through neck construction. PJ pickups plus piezo in the bridge gives huge amount of flexibility. 18.5mm string spacing, original hardshell case and original manual included. Made in Japan in 1992. [s]the 1980s, don't know the exact year sadly.[/s]

Strung E-C with Rotosound TruBass at the moment but no changes to the nut so very easy to put back to B-G if you prefer.

Given the condition, originality and rarity I think £750 is a bargain (but you may disagree :-)); [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]can be picked up (or tried out) in High Wycombe or around Heathrow/Staines area, can also be shipped for £30 within the UK (fully insured with UPS) or £60 within EU (again fully insured with UPS) - will be packed inside a proper guitar carton with lots of bubble wrap.[/font][/color]

I'm selling a few basses at the moment to finance a new one - trying to get from having lots of basses to just 1 or 2. I might be tempted if you have a
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 string Pedulla, Rickenbacker or Status with cash into the deal from my end but ideally I'd like a straight sale.[/font][/color]

Edited by pluckedout

I have one of these which I recently acquired here on Basschat, and it is an unbelievably good bass!

Superb build quality, fantastic sound with a wide range of tones to choose from, and it's incredibly comfortable and has a fast and easy neck to play.

It's better in almost every way than an early Tobias Classic 5 bass I had from that very same early 90's era; quite how Yamaha did it I don't know, but they really got it right with these TRBs.

GLWTS!

[quote name='Brother Jones' timestamp='1442346260' post='2866316']
Could be wrong, but I think this used to be mine... I traded it (here) for a US Jazz Deluxe with Nordstrand pups and was not convinced I'd had the better end of the deal.
[/quote]I thought it may have been yours but it has a different serial number,
Great basses I did end up owning three a few years ago,have a bump
Ady
Correction it was yours

Edited by bassmanady