Why become a member? ×

tbonepete

[quote name='tbonepete' timestamp='1442173106' post='2864904']
I wouldn't let it worry you Largo, you've clearly still missed the amp part where it says flat, OR BE ABLE TO BE SET AT..........etc, and took it upon yourself to answer the question you think I answered. Incidentally, it's not just EQ, but the undefeatable compression and drive some heads have built in. If there were/are any flat response 2x10 cabs from mainstream makers out there I'd be set to go, but I didn't fancy endless hours trawling through the net looking for such a thing, but I see now that it would have been much easier to do that than constantly have to justify why I want what I want. I'm not telling anyone else what they want. (This is not at you in particular), I can't help wondering what the answers would be like if the original post was actually read all the way through.
Imagine a maths exam...... Q1) please add 2+2=...... Answers range from 7, because the sum 3+4 is a much better sum, there's no such thing as 2+2, why do you even want to know what 2+2 is?, I don't need to know, so you don't either, etc,etc,etc. do you get my point here? Again, this is not solely aimed at you, but seems to be somewhat representative of the replies received.
There's always mysteries in life, so if it helps you just put it down as that.........
I hope you enjoy your self playing exactly what you want to , I will try to do the same........
Cheers Pete :-)
[/quote]

It would have taken much less time to type why you want only a 2 x 10.................................actually, I can't be bothered offering you advice. I've never seen a more unhelpful person asking a question on basschat. Troll methinks. :angry:

Frank.

[quote name='tbonepete' timestamp='1442182385' post='2865026']
Well, that's a thoughtful post, chock full of usefully, and relevant information......oh hang on, its not.
Mr Dare, the goalposts are in the same place they were since the first post, and very specifically placed goalposts too. This was to try to keep the answers factual, and relevant to the questions. Now, if I asked specifically about 2x10 cabs for example, and the replies were concerning 12"cabs, then how is that me moving the goalposts? The exercise in asking these very specific questions was to draw a shortlist of amps, and cabs to try, but if they didn't meet the size and type etc of products in question then exactly who is leading who a merry dance?. Several times this thread has nearly come to its natural end, but then there's another post that shows the questions haven't been read, that's not moving the goalposts is it? , and the cherry on the cake, the non post, with absolutely no information pertinent to the thread.....
[/quote]

Wind-up merchant. And time waster methinks.

Frank.

Pretty pathetic move isn't it?

Thread started off ok with some decent input from everyone then slow obtuse trolling creeped in, then after getting called on it deletes all the context of the discussion!

Never mind - I guess we'll never know what constitutes a mainstream vs boutique manufacturer now!

Edited by Lw.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1442223691' post='2865206']
Pretty pathetic move isn't it?

Thread started off ok with some decent input from everyone then slow obtuse trolling creeped in, then after getting called on it deletes all the context of the discussion!

Never mind - I guess we'll never know what constitutes a mainstream vs boutique manufacturer now!
[/quote]

In my experience the difference between mainstream v boutique is usually very simple:

There are those that think boutique means being made by crooked back deformed mad scientists in damp sheds, and then there are those who claim anything is boutique if they can't afford it and don't want to admit it.

I didn't mind the thread... I would have explored some other options myself which I why I suggested he go to BG and BD.

I didn't get the resistance to ideas like that but there you go... that is not the way he wanted to go.

As for Boutique and mainstream... don't get that either. It is either good kit or not...

In these 'what to buy' cases, there is usually a suggestion by someone that the op go into a shop, road-test some cabs / amps / basses / leads / leather trousers / whatever, and buy the one that he / she like the sound of.

That would have worked here surely?

I think the op is fixated on achieving a 'flat' sound above all else (or just trollin'). I bet a good proportion of us, me included, don't know or care what 'flat' sounds like anyway.

ftr, I like 10's too, but my cab is a 2x12! And y'know what? I don't care if it's flat, spherical or an accurate representation of that Kardashian bints' mahoosive arse, if it sounds great, it sounds great.

[quote name='SubsonicSimpleton' timestamp='1442238564' post='2865371']
Maybe the reason that the OP was fixated on non-boutique products was because he wanted to find a rig that could be easily specified on tech riders for gigging/touring overseas - doubt that it is easy to find a Bergantino cab in Romania or Kazakhstan, but Hartke probably no problem.
[/quote]

Why only 10s then?? HMmmmm ?! :D :lol: