Why become a member? ×

Barefaced One10

Roland Rock

Same for me.

I'm going to be having a ruthless cull - basses over 9lb are going.

For amps - my Berg / Demeter set up hardly ever moves so that can stay - but I usually use a Roland Bass Cube 30 for woodwind groups. I still think it was the best practice combo around. Sounds brilliant and is plenty loud enough.

But it's 29lb. These days that is heavy. 10 years ago it was extremely light.

The amazing thing is that the One-10 and a small modern head could have a total 18lb with 250W.

It's a small gigging rig weighing half the amount of old practice amps.

I'll be using the One-10 with my Genz Streamliner to start with (22lb together), until the Streamliner sells and then I'll get a Tecamp Puma head. The 300W and 500W Puma's only weigh 2.2lb.

In an ideal world I'd have the £3000 I need to get a Rob Allen bass (apparently about 6.5lb for the MB2 - and an amazing 5.5lb for the Mouse 30) and I could avoid most of my back trouble.

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1442911403' post='2870359']Counter to any previous experience with bass rigs, the bass is the heaviest item, followed by the head, followed by the cab - how often has this ever been the case...[/quote]

It does seem to run counter to the natural order of things.

Burn the Brighton heretics! :gas:

I have one on order but unfortunately I will not be able to put it through its paces for some time.
How would this play with my Orange SP210?
I don't know what the future will bring but I want it to be loud enough for a band who play at sensible volumes, maybe Pop, Blues, Soul old school Rock or maybe supporting a singer songwriter but not hard rock or metal
I like the old school tone. and a good mix of the band on stage not just a loud bass.

Edited by ironside1966

Mine has just arrived this afternoon. A lot more natural of a sound from my Yamaha SLB and covers the range of my Bongo 6 incredibly well. And it does indeed handle the low B very effectively!

Oh, and it's really tiny! :D

[url="http://s157.photobucket.com/user/Tjspice95/media/2E2B31BA-BCE5-4A12-BCB8-86F7C9914351_zpsx3myzzar.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by TJ Spicer

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1443379775' post='2874277']
Forgot to say...

Handles the low B on my EMG loaded Stingray5 with ease.

It's been a Motown day!
[/quote]

Great to hear!

<pedant>But as you already know, JJ only ever played on a 4 string.</pedant>

<super pedantic>but he did also own a 5 string</super pedantic> :P

[url="http://www.ricksuchow.com/press-group-248.html"]jamerson 1979: the guitar player interview[/url]

[quote][i]How many basses do you own?[/i]

Four. I have an old German upright, a Fender 5-string, a Hagstrom 8-string, and the Precision.[/quote]

[attachment=201892:20151002_185516-1.jpg]

another one. More than enough power to be *really* antisocial here. The acid test is Sunday's rehearsal... I'm hoping to deploy this as a gig rig, more or less all of the venues we play have FOH sound so portability and a decent stage volume is all I need out of it.

Besides which, Mrs subrob has granted a free pass for it to live in the front room. Build quality looks really good. And it smells nice.

Finally used mine in anger with a Puma 300 head and a Marleaux Consat Custom 5.

Orchestra rehearsal this morning. Tunes included Pink Panther, Peter Gunn Theme, How deep is your love, Batman theme etc

The little cab didn't miss a beat. Sounded clear and powerful, and the low B was stunning.

Very very pleased!