Why become a member? ×

Barefaced One10

Roland Rock

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1441362475' post='2858235']
I think the point about Alex's cabs is that they are not [i]just an xxx (put your config here)[/i].

Is £299 good for a 210?

That's the comparison you should be making.
[/quote]

Why? It's a 1x10, isn't it?

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1441439511' post='2858847']
As far as I know, no BF owners disagree with the estimates of BF cab capabilities.

So if you want to compare apples with apples you have to be looking at BF cabs being very good value for money.
[/quote]

Certainly my experience of the Super Compact matches their claims IME and I very much agree with you.

It's £110 more than an Ashdown 1x10 cab which is fair for a British built cab with very highly customised driver, not to mention comparing it to other "high end" 1x10s, let alone any of the 2x10s it can probably keep up with :)

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1441530613' post='2859468']
You're going to need two... and that assumes you can get away with a 210 on a gig, which is tenuous.

I'm guessing the main use will be a Double bass, quiet jazzer
[/quote]Mine will be to replace the BigOne I have in my lounge at home. The BigOne gives a great sound, but it's a bit OTT. Even Mrs G agrees.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1441824383' post='2862128']
You should do it! I wonder if a pair of the 2x10"s might be more sensible though...
[/quote]

where's the fun in being sensible!? :lol:

seriously, 'though... 7.5Kg each? And that size? So easy to carry and take anywhere. A stack of 4, vertical, would take little room and might be pretty cool. I'd love to try that configuration at least. ;)

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1441957047' post='2863184']
New Cab Day!

[url="http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/richard108/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/IMAG0683_zpsmmqh5nie.jpg"]http://i963.photobuc...zpsmmqh5nie.jpg[/url]

I'm really pleased with it. Met Alex and learned more about their thinking. Great guy. He'll do well. He is doing well.
[/quote]

it's tiny! (and I love the way it looks :))
I want to hear these minibeast! Especially with that very same amplifier

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1441831933' post='2862226']A stack of 4, vertical, would take little room and might be pretty cool. I'd love to try that configuration at least. ;)
[/quote]To get the best from the speakers, don't you need to have then in a 4x10 arrangement? Like the four corners of a square? :mellow:

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1441960933' post='2863221']
To get the best from the speakers, don't you need to have then in a 4x10 arrangement? Like the four corners of a square? :mellow:
[/quote]

No generally. It all revolves around how you want to sound to disperse. When you put speakers in grid, you get upper mid/high frequency cancellation everywhere except being directly in front of it.

Put speakers in a line and you get cancellation only in the direction of the line, which is why you see vertical arrays of speakers at concerts - to minimise cancellation in the horizontal plane.

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1441961025' post='2863223']
Can you put it beside a can of Coke for scale purposes please (not one of the crappy tiny ones you get on airplanes)
:)
I can only truly gauge the size of something if it's beside a can of coke.
[/quote]

As requested. The combo on the left is a CMD121. Both have their back panels parallel.
Coke can is standard size.

It's really light to carry. I'd say making one that has a docking port to take the amp would be a cool option; so the amp is protected and saves you carrying it as a separate item.

Edited by Grangur