Why become a member? ×

September Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

lurksalot

[color=#800000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b][size=5]September’s Composition Challenge is now underway![/size][/b][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5]Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner [b]Me[/b]… :)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5]And here are the rules 'n' stuff…[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]By entering the competition you agree to the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]Basschat Terms & Conditions[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3178-forum-guidelines/"]Forum Guidelines[/url], which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.[/b] If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants. If we spot any breaches of copyright then your track will be removed from the competition.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For reference: here's a great source of copyright-free material, all available under Creative Commons license: [url="http://www.freesound.org/"]http://www.freesound.org/[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you have any questions about the competition rules, just ask.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Apologies for the size of the photo I hope it works on your screens , I couldn't work out how to smallen it a bit :blush:[/font][/color]

[color=#800000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][b]The deadline for entries is midnight on Wednesday 23rd September.[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

That's the spirit :D

Lurksalittle is a bit miffed with my choice of pic as she said I promised to use a photo of her and some mates dressed in horror make up , I did say I would do it , but that was the month before when she helped me , she bailed this month as she wouldn't sing the the 'powdered penis soup' line :rolleyes:

However, she gave a very quizical look when I said I had won , so I think she now has a bit more respect for her dads song writing prowess :lol: .

It might be easier to get some help now I have a pedigree ;)

"It might be easier to get some help now I have a pedigree "

I take it we're passed the bribary stage ?

Must admit to being in the same camp as Bilbo at the moment, which is strange because at first glance I thought it was an excellent choice of picture, especially for an ol' matelot !!

Got on the guitar an came up with the theme tune to an old 60's program :lol:

[quote name='fingers211' timestamp='1441221214' post='2857105']
"It might be easier to get some help now I have a pedigree "

I take it we're passed the bribary stage ?

[/quote]
Oh yes , many moons ago , these youngsters just don't have the ear for quality tunes , mind you I think the voters have only just caught on ;)

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1441222391' post='2857121']
Powdered penis..... What are you like????
[/quote]

:D I did some research on tigers , it is not good news for the things in the wild , they have some dodgy 'farms' in China breeding them for traditional medicines , they call them reserves , as they are not allowed to farm them , the way the Far East are killing them is criminal . :(
The rich Chinese pay up to £500 for a soup containing a small amount of powdered tiger penis , it is good for virility according to 'traditional' beliefs

Edited by lurksalot

OMG! I have a complete set of lyrics, verse and chorus melody, and only a bridge and mutant verse/chorus coda music to write. Some arrangement progress has been made too.

However, I may have painted myself into a corner, as the feel of the song strongly suggests that I break out the fretless acoustic bass. Houston, we may have a problem.

Right... I'm back from the depths of sunny Wales! :) [i](I even managed to get sun-burnt. In September. Quite amazing, really. Good ol' global warming, eh?).[/i]

Well done to Lurks on last month's win! Great track. And a good choice of image for September; very dramatic. I like it :)

Also, well done to everyone else who took part last month. A fine crop, as per usual.

Now to get our chops around this month's challenge. Usual by-laws apply: no bagpipes; and newly added: no lyrics about powdered animal penises. Well, not until after tea time. Bleurg! :blink:

But these are the lyrics that I've written so far!!!!

Go grab your bagpipes
Bring all your Scottish friends
No need to wear anything under the kilt
We're gonna party 'til the night ends

We'll get some haggis made from
Powdered animal penises
Powdered animal penises
Your mum says it's good for you
Powdered animal penises
Powdered animal penises

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1441291745' post='2857641']
But these are the lyrics that I've written so far!!!!

Go grab your bagpipes
Bring all your Scottish friends
No need to wear anything under the kilt
We're gonna party 'til the night ends

We'll get some haggis made from
Powdered animal penises
Powdered animal penises
Your mum says it's good for you
Powdered animal penises
Powdered animal penises
[/quote]
Almost there.... I think it needs a bit more penis. Also if you find a word that rhymes with penises it would be a hit.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1441293358' post='2857680']
Almost there.... I think it needs a bit more penis. Also if you find a word that rhymes with penises it would be a hit.
[/quote]

I'd recommend not pursuing this line; I took the trouble to Gargle a reply, and t'web proposes this lot. Proceed with caution, I say...

hisses
kisses
misses
missus
dismisses
reminisces
Hiss's
Mrs
Suisse's
ceases
creases
lease's