Why become a member? ×

New 5 string

waynepunkdude

Right the story goes.

I saw my mate on saturday and he has the same bass as that guy was selling on eBay for £15 so I told him and he said "do you want mine for tenner" so I said yes.

Right it needs new strings but that isn't a problem the problem is it is as ugly as sin as I said before the only thing that would make it look worse is a Warwick badge :)

Anyway bit of fun give me suggestions on how to make the hideous see through purple monster look better?

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='276495' date='Sep 3 2008, 07:36 PM']Only one way to go with this and that's overboard. It cost you jack sh*t so have some fun. Stickers , newspaper cuttings, skull knobs - the works.[/quote]

Haha good plan :)

I may go the other way and make it more tacky by cutting some holes in the back and putting a neon lights in the body.

Funny thing is it sounds really good for a plastic bass.

Heres some fun you could have with it. Being that your in a punk band take it to your next band practice, pull it out of the bag and say "Hey guys from now on im only going to play non fender modern looking five string basses, Im saving up for a BC Rich next!" and watch them all go like this :huh: :unsure: :) :huh: :huh:

[quote name='kevbass' post='276511' date='Sep 3 2008, 08:03 PM']Heres some fun you could have with it. Being that your in a punk band take it to your next band practice, pull it out of the bag and say "Hey guys from now on im only going to play non fender modern looking five string basses, Im saving up for a BC Rich next!" and watch them all go like this :huh: :lol: :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]

:unsure: even better I have a gig tomorrow night .......

[quote name='thedonutman' post='276522' date='Sep 3 2008, 08:14 PM']I vote you drill some holes in the back and put some very bright LEDs in. I know a guy with the same bass actually, he even gigs with it. doesn't sound too bad actually.[/quote]

LED's do sound fun :)

I should really do a poll on it. hmmmm

Oh you're right it isn't half as bad sounding as I thought it would be.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='276776' date='Sep 4 2008, 10:30 AM']Route out the plastic either side of the strings & put these in...

[url="http://www.ebuyer.com/product/42959/show_product_reviews"]http://www.ebuyer.com/product/42959/show_product_reviews[/url]

But in blue of course. :)[/quote]

Looks kick ass but how would I power it?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='276858' date='Sep 4 2008, 12:16 PM']Looks kick ass but how would I power it?[/quote]
I'd knock up some kind of crazy magnetic induction system - powered by the movement of your fingers. The faster you play, the brighter it gets. The only downside is you'd have to wear thimbles.

:)

[quote name='kevbass' post='276511' date='Sep 3 2008, 08:03 PM']Heres some fun you could have with it. Being that your in a punk band take it to your next band practice, pull it out of the bag and say "Hey guys from now on im only going to play non fender modern looking five string basses, Im saving up for a BC Rich next!" and watch them all go like this :huh: :lol: :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]

THAT is the best sequence of smilies the world has ever seen! too much coffee==>screen to see what I'm typing!

Wayne, go for the stickers, skull knobs etc etc AND neons, go balls out with it mate, I'll find a project and do the same, then we can compare/contrast :unsure:

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='277184' date='Sep 4 2008, 04:34 PM']THAT is the best sequence of smilies the world has ever seen! too much coffee==>screen to see what I'm typing!

Wayne, go for the stickers, skull knobs etc etc AND neons, go balls out with it mate, I'll find a project and do the same, then we can compare/contrast :)[/quote]

I'm defo going to put some lights in it now.

we should have a tacky bass off.

[quote]Oh and Leave it as is (if you think it looks good) [ 1 ] ** [8.33%][/quote]

Someone thinks it looks good :huh:

Edited by waynepunkdude

I voted leave it as it is... but seeing as it cost you a tenner and that's boring, i'd say go the works and stick a shedload of LEDs in the back!

[quote name='rayfw' post='277047' date='Sep 4 2008, 02:34 PM']I'd knock up some kind of crazy magnetic induction system - powered by the movement of your fingers. The faster you play, the brighter it gets. The only downside is you'd have to wear thimbles.[/quote]
LOL :):lol::huh::lol:

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='276478' date='Sep 3 2008, 07:19 PM']...the problem is it is as ugly as sin as I said before the only thing that would make it look worse is a Warwick badge :)[/quote]

Oooo you cheeky little &%£*er!! Why I oughta…

Be v e r y careful how much you spend on LEDs otherwise you'll have spent more on them than the bass...

Maybe a cheaper way to improve it would be to drill lots of holes all the way through the body. With enough holes, it will become *all* holes, and a pile of plastic drill swarfings... Throw those away and keep the holes.

(Sorry but I had to bite back after the slight on my beloved Warwick brand.)