Why become a member? ×

New Mesa class D amp

fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1454081081' post='2966281']
I play in an orchestra!

When there is a solo woodwind part the last thing anyone tolerates is a whirring fan!
[/quote]

can't you just whistle along the woodwind to mask the fan noise? ;)

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1454083655' post='2966325']
Can't imagine turning up at an orchestra rehearsal with an electric bass and amp - I think most would frown when you walked in door :ph34r:
[/quote]

only if you're not bringing an 8x10 cab with you...

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1454083655' post='2966325']
Can't imagine turning up at an orchestra rehearsal with an electric bass and amp - I think most would frown when you walked in door :ph34r:
[/quote]

It's an educational trust youth orchestra. Lots of people, lots of different ensembles, and lots of room changes.

Big band tunes, film scores, re-arranged chart music.

Great fun!

That's OK then ;)
I played in an Orchestra on trombone and took great pleasure in reflecting the the light from the setting sun from the counter weight of my trombone on the the arse's of the young girls from the local convent school sat in front, particularly the bassoon player. So I have this picture of you with your Phil Lynott custom mirror scratch plate setting fire to school kids in the string section. :D
I thought i should edit this to say I was 14 at the time.

Edited by deepbass5

• 4 months later...

Picked one of these up today, first session tonight and its a hell of a thing,

Bought it on a bit of a whim and to be honest i wasn't sure what to expect, but pleasantly surprised at just how good this thing is, based on the few hours we played tonight the best class D i've had/used, the guys agreed with that too.

Might be a keeper this one.

Edited by Bearfist

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a quick question about the D800 as I'm really interested in getting one, but the prices over here do seem a lot. I have the chance to buy one in America and then bring it back but obviously with the different voltages of mains power, I may not be able to use it in England? I know that some companies use variable power supplies etc, so all that needs replacing is the fuse, but I have no idea if the D800 works like this.

In short, is it possible to use an American bought D800 in the UK?

Thanks!

[quote name='cgg199' timestamp='1477049964' post='3159491']
I have a quick question about the D800 as I'm really interested in getting one, but the prices over here do seem a lot. I have the chance to buy one in America and then bring it back but obviously with the different voltages of mains power, I may not be able to use it in England? I know that some companies use variable power supplies etc, so all that needs replacing is the fuse, but I have no idea if the D800 works like this.

In short, is it possible to use an American bought D800 in the UK?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Yup. they have a universal power supply... But then a look at the mesa web site would have told you that :-)

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1477050408' post='3159501']
Yup. they have a universal power supply... But then a look at the mesa web site would have told you that :-)
[/quote]

That would've been a good idea! I can't help but get drawn to all the pictures on their site, so I'll blame it on that. Looks like I can save myself a little bit of money then, so that's always good! Thanks very much!

Genzler Magellan a very similar circuit, by all accounts and employs the same B&O Icepower module as the Subway (which is reputed to have been designed by an ex-Genz Benz employee, so hardly surprising). Also, the Magellan is about £150 cheaper in the UK. A pal has a Subway. It's very fine, but over-priced, imho, at £800+.

• 4 weeks later...