Why become a member? ×

Is it possible to forget how to play the bass?

bobpalt

Didn't really play at all for 20 years. Still had a bass, would pick it up and think I can't even play it anymore, what's the point?
Decided to learn to play again-took 2 years to really get it back.
OP, check out some on line bass lessons/tutorials. Really helped me out and now play better than I ever could.
I glad I had the break from playing as I enjoy it more than ever. And it looks like I'll be getting together with a bunch of old mates soon.
Yeah, we're getting the band back together.
Enjoy yourself dude.

It's not what you know that you don't know that causes you problems, its what you don't know that you know. You don't ever not know what you knew....you still do but have simply forgotten that you know.

You haven't forgotten how to play the bass...you have just forgotten that you know how to.

Relax and enjoy remembering.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1441395243' post='2858671']
It's not what you know that you don't know that causes you problems, its what you don't know that you know. You don't ever not know what you knew....you still do but have simply forgotten that you know.

You haven't forgotten how to play the bass...you have just forgotten that you know how to.

Relax and enjoy remembering.
[/quote]
What?

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1441405703' post='2858758']
i forget on a weekly basis and often wonder how i have managed thus far :P
its like riding a bike
[/quote]

+1 On one occasion which will live with me forever, I played like I had bought a bass two days previously. 40 yrs bass playing had been lost.