Why become a member? ×

Sold Fender Road Worn P Bass inc postage in the UK
£700

richardd

Fender Road Worn Precision Bass 2009 only weighs 8lbs 8ozs,mint condition,lol.I keep trying P Basses but always go back to my Jazz.A great Bass no issues comes in a Fender Deluxe gigbag .price inc shipping in the UK no trades on this. Thanks for looking . :)
[attachment=199672:000_0005.JPG] [attachment=199673:000_0006.JPG]

Edited by richardd

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1440943664' post='2854873']
Great basses and totally different to their poly finished counterpart, GLWTS
[/quote]how so?

The only difference between the nitro and the non-nitro basses is .....er........the nitro finish - how can the finish alone make them totally different basses?

Just wondering

With the nitro finish the wood can breathe and, as a result over time as the wood changes, it begins to sound different. This is why the pre CBS guitars are hard to emulate in sound because you have the effect of 50 years of change having taken place to the wood. With the CBS models onwards where you have non porous finishes, it is generally felt that the wood doesn't contribute to any change of sound due to raging...... e.g. from pick ups and other contributing factors.
How much you can apply this to a Road Worn model which is more recent, I don't know........

Edited by paulmcnamara

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1440950856' post='2854925']
how so?

The only difference between the nitro and the non-nitro basses is .....er........the nitro finish - how can the finish alone make them totally different basses?

Just wondering
[/quote]

They just are :) The Roadworn feels like you have been playing it for 30 years or more, the poly finish feels like a new bass should. Sounds wise they are not radically different but it is in the feel of the bass that the real difference lies. I own both and the difference is huge, don't get me wrong, both are fantastic basses but my two are totally different.

Yep, like putting on an old pair of worn-in jeans, as oppose to the same branded pair, but new ones. I found the RW Precision to be the most comfortable Precision I`ve played, aside from a Custom Shop Pini Palladino Sig one that is (at 3 times the price).

I've had a couple of Fender Jazz basses, and a couple of Precisions
Although I've not played a RW Precision, my RW Jazz definitely feels like an aged,
worn-in bass.... Sounds awesome too....

The feel of a bass, for me, contributes quite a lot to its' playability, and is therefore very important
Quite why my RW Jazz sounds better than either of the other 2 US Jazzes, or any of the other US or Mex Jazzes I've tried is open to debate
I'm sure there are some who would say that because it's my favourite bass, I imagine the sound is better
But I did a studio session last weekend, and the engineer said my bass sounded awesome
... one of the best he'd heard in years of recording & sound engineering at gigs

He was also convinced it was an old Jazz, and sounded vintage
I of course told him it was Roadworn.....

Make no mistake, the Fender RW's are superb
If this P bass is anything like as good as my Jazz,
then I wish I could justify owning another bass! ;)

GLWTS

Edited by Marc S