Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBNE1 schematic

Charla

Hello Folks

I need to replace the pan on my BBNE1. I bought the bass second hand and the pot isn't an original and need help with how to wire the new (yamaha) pot. My mate who is an electrical engineer has done the work, but he seems to think one of the wires from the bridge pickup is missing? So if anyone has a schematic or a photo of the inside of a BBNE1 I'd be very appreciative of a copy?

Cheers

Charla

I don't know if this TB link is of any help - [url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/repairing-preamp-for-yamaha-bbeast.862708/"]http://www.talkbass.com/threads/repairing-preamp-for-yamaha-bbeast.862708/[/url]
As well as the pics there's a very basic schematic at the bottom of the thread

ikay

I've wired the new balance pot as per the previous replacement and the bridge pickup isn't working. To be honest it looks as if the original red wire from the front PU is missing. Wondered is the wiring for the non original replacement that was in the bass was different?

Cheers

Charla

Hi Charla, if you can post a pic of your wiring harness showing the relevant bits I'm sure someone here will be able to help. A missing wire from a pickup should be pretty easy to spot, how do the wires coming from the bridge pup compare with the neck pickup?

The pups on the BBNE1 look similar to those on my TRB5 (single coil with dummy coil). Each pickup on the TRB has three wires - red & white (hot/cold) and an earth wire. See pic below. The wires on yours may be similar and should be easy to spot if a wire is missing (a bit unlikely as the brown and grey cables in your pic look intact).