Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Mag 300 4x10 Combo

Frozenpeas

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1440522959' post='2851570']
would that be the same for the 4x10 deep MAG cab? as i'm sure it says its rated as 8ohms
[/quote]

I re-loaded a friends' MAG 410 (not sure if it was a deep) a number of years ago and the (fried!) drivers I pulled from that were all rated 6 ohms despite the connector panel saying it was an 8 ohm cab. I couldn't meter them as they were all toast. I found the power rating slightly dubious too at 450w as that would equate to 112.5w rated drivers. I think not...

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1440522959' post='2851570']
would that be the same for the 4x10 deep MAG cab? as i'm sure it says its rated as 8ohms
[/quote]
No its this one evo II
http://www.amazon.com/Ashdown-MAG-C410T-300-EVO-II-300-Watt-Combo-Amplifier/dp/B000LPNSMQ

[quote name='VTypeV4' timestamp='1440546805' post='2851888']
I re-loaded a friends' MAG 410 (not sure if it was a deep) a number of years ago and the (fried!) drivers I pulled from that were all rated 6 ohms despite the connector panel saying it was an 8 ohm cab. I couldn't meter them as they were all toast. I found the power rating slightly dubious too at 450w as that would equate to 112.5w rated drivers. I think not...
[/quote]

It says on the back 300 rms and 500 peak

It has a spare output for min 4ohm cab but not sure what ohm rating it would be if you plugged an 8hm extension speaker cause then you'd have 6ohm + 8ohm?

I think the Ashdown ratings work rather like the old Trace ones where the full 300w is achievable at 4 ohms. You'll get a bit less at 8 ohm, probably around 220 is realistic..

As for 8 and 6 ohm cabs in parallel, this comes to 3.4 ohm total. I very much doubt your amplifier will be upset by this load. The other thing to remember is that all ratings are approximate (most eight ohm cabs meter around 5-6 ohms) and when in use, the imdepance of the drivers will change (alot!) dependant on frequency and enclosure design.

Oh, and the cab I re-drivered was just a MAG 410 cab, not the combo so no amplifier section.

Edited by VTypeV4