Why become a member? ×

A 500W head with valve preamp for £249!!!!!

Clarky

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='328438' date='Nov 13 2008, 03:39 PM']I just tried the 1000 in Dawsons (ahem) and I was really impressed! Great full tone (MM Jazz) plenty of scope for different sounds with the simple setup. I want one. How would it work with my Epifani 310??

Anyone looking for an Aguilar AG500SC???[/quote]
You cannot be serious ??????????

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='329827' date='Nov 15 2008, 08:08 PM']Oops

Coda Music

[url="http://www.coda-music.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=LH500&x=0&y=0"]http://www.coda-music.com/advanced_search_...amp;x=0&y=0[/url][/quote]
Thanks Peter.. Wow; that is soooo tempting at that price!

[quote name='Tinman' post='330061' date='Nov 16 2008, 12:52 PM']Yeah, that's what I was told. God knows when all that's going to be sorted, until that time I'm going to have to take your advice and be patient :)[/quote]

It's supposed to be available after January and I think it's all being wrapped up with Sound Tech pretty soon.

[quote name='Tinman' post='330549' date='Nov 17 2008, 12:04 PM']Well it will be great if it happens that quick, I've got serious GAS for that amp. :)[/quote]

I know what you mean...I've been using the LH500, I want another one, I also want the LH100 and of course I'd love to have a crack at the Kilo.....GASSSSS :huh: Gas for me was always basses but I'm into amps at the moment :huh:

A bit of a size and weight difference compared to the MB LMII

The overused word in relation to these amps was the 1st one that jumped into my mind when using the amp for the 1st time.

Warm.

Initial impressions are that there's plenty of volume available, the 'Brite' button certainly works as does the passive tone controls (very different to cut and boost active tone controls)

Perceived quality is good (controls and finish). It does get a bit 'hissy' at 5 on the treble tone and volume at or above 7.

For £189 so long as it keeps going it's incredible.

I've got a better quality valve that'll fit and wonder if it's worth a try?

Edited by GreeneKing

Can anyone put up a full review, you know, really put it through it's paces! :) I'm interested in one of LH500 as a backup.

I'm mostly interested in what peoples expereinces are of using it onstage DI'd into a PA, the only reason I ask is because my Ashdown ABM has an input volume and an output volume (i know this has been discussed in this thread already). But with this I'm able to set the volume going to the PA, and then my onstage volume seperately, which is extremely helpful.
How does the Hartke compare? only having one volume etc.

Cheers
Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='332366' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:15 PM']How does the Hartke compare? only having one volume etc.[/quote]
Hartke say - [quote]The signal output from this jack [the DI] is low impedance (100 ohm) with an output level of approximately -30 to -20 dB.[/quote]
Ashdown say - [quote]D.I. Output 600 Ohms balanced, Level -20dBu nominal[/quote]
Don't know what any of that means though.

[quote name='Sibob' post='332366' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:15 PM']Can anyone put up a full review, you know, really put it through it's paces! :) I'm interested in one of LH500 as a backup.

I'm mostly interested in what peoples expereinces are of using it onstage DI'd into a PA, the only reason I ask is because my Ashdown ABM has an input volume and an output volume (i know this has been discussed in this thread already). But with this I'm able to set the volume going to the PA, and then my onstage volume seperately, which is extremely helpful.
How does the Hartke compare? only having one volume etc.

Cheers
Si[/quote]

It's Pre Volume and Pre Eq.......does this mean it bypasses the amp volume and Eq?????

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='332347' date='Nov 19 2008, 02:45 PM']A bit of a size and weight difference compared to the MB LMII

The overused word in relation to these amps was the 1st one that jumped into my mind when using the amp for the 1st time.

Warm.

Initial impressions are that there's plenty of volume available, the 'Brite' button certainly works as does the passive tone controls (very different to cut and boost active tone controls)

Perceived quality is good (controls and finish). It does get a bit 'hissy' at 5 on the treble tone and volume at or above 7.

For £189 so long as it keeps going it's incredible.

I've got a better quality valve that'll fit and wonder if it's worth a try?[/quote]

Looking forward to hearing how this amp gets on with your Aggie cab. Was thinking about getting one for my GS112 too!

I took the Hatke to band practice tonight. I used both my GS112 Aguilars and it was really good. Very good indeed.

For less than £200 it was quite incredible.

The volume takes off from 5 unlike the Mark Bass which does the opposite. The tone is just great and the guys were very impressed.

[quote name='Sibob' post='332366' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:15 PM']I'm mostly interested in what peoples expereinces are of using it onstage DI'd into a PA, the only reason I ask is because my Ashdown ABM has an [b]input volume and an output volume[/b] (i know this has been discussed in this thread already). But with this I'm able to set the volume going to the PA, and then my onstage volume seperately, which is extremely helpful.
How does the Hartke compare? only having one volume etc.[/quote]

DON'T GO THERE! :)

[quote name='Protium' post='333532' date='Nov 20 2008, 11:21 PM']DON'T GO THERE! :)[/quote]

I hear you lol
But my question doesn't concern matching volumes to avoid clipping etc
I'm talking about the volume of the DI out.

Has the DI got one set volume, bypassing the master, or does changing the level 'onstage' affect the DI volume?

Si