Why become a member? ×

A 500W head with valve preamp for £249!!!!!

Clarky

[quote name='OldGit' post='299595' date='Oct 4 2008, 08:45 PM']That's how I have the reggae channel of my MB LMK set, more or less ... except I don't use the mid scoop filter.
Works for me - loads of trouser flap in a creamy soup.

Would that not do it for you, RS?[/quote]

It very well might be the answer - I need to try one through my cab and do a direct comparison with the Trace to be sure.

So if anyone in the North Wales area has one and feels like letting me have a go..........

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Stan_da_man' post='313569' date='Oct 24 2008, 08:38 AM']Does anyone have an idea how much the LH500 gives into 8 ohms?[/quote]

Should be in here somewhere.
[url="http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/LHseries_OM_v1_1.pdf"]http://www.samsontech.com/products/related...ies_OM_v1_1.pdf[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

I just had mine Wednesday and used it tonight.....very impressed, talk about plug in and play!!!! Very loud and punchy too. It's really nice to have the simplicity of just bass, mid and treble controls. Nice fat, warm and an even tone response, very clean too. Sounds great with a Jazz and a midrange boost.

[quote name='redstriper' post='298979' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:18 PM']I had the use of the LH1000 for 3 days last week and I agree it's a great amp which blows the competition out of the water, The LH500 is basically 1/2 the LH1000 and plenty powerful enough for most players.

All the negative comments here seem to be from people who haven't even tried one, which is like reviewing a book before you read it - everyone who has played through one of these amps seems to agree that they are great and I can only agree.

I don't agree that it's a starter head - if you love the sound and features why would you want to change it?

However if you need more eq and features try this instead -

[/quote]

I'm off to try one these beasts out in a couple of weeks. My friendly shop owner has ordered one in for me. Can't wait :)
Chances are that I'll be coming away with it. I'll let you know what it's like

[quote name='Jase' post='324865' date='Nov 8 2008, 04:49 PM']Looks like a cock pit in a plane :huh: I didn't think the Kilo was available for a while yet.[/quote]
You're right :) DV are showing them, as are Thomann. The rep certainly didn't say anything about not being able to get them and the guy that owns the shop is under the impression that it'll be there fairly soon. We'll see I guess

[quote name='Tinman' post='324878' date='Nov 8 2008, 05:16 PM']You're right :) DV are showing them, as are Thomann. The rep certainly didn't say anything about not being able to get them and the guy that owns the shop is under the impression that it'll be there fairly soon. We'll see I guess[/quote]

Let us know if you resist temptation or not :huh:

Edited by Jase

slightly off topic here but.......
Ive been watching this thread and it seems to me that the front end of the LH500 is very similar to my Crate BT-350.
It has a tube pre,low and high boost switches,active or passive input,low mid and high controls.Then there's the switchable 7 band graphic,chorus,switchable limiter.It can be bi-amped with variable crossover frequencies,balanced xlr and unbalanced 1/4" outputs,effects loop etc etc.Apparently it shares a lot of its internals with SWP and Ampeg Amps.....apparently.
If you ever come across one of these lil' sleepers i'd recommend you try it.I ditched my LMK2 in favour of the crate and mine set me back the grand total off £130 of the bay.It never fails to deliver and the tone is great too.
It has some very favourable reviews on harmony central,you should have a look see. :)
Now then,back to the Hartke.........

Update: Was told by the fella in the know, that due to some argument between Samson Tech (Uk Harkte Distributors) and Korg (who are taking over distribution) that the Kilo is not coming to Europe for the foreseeable future :) So no try out for me. What the hell am I going to get that appears that versatile dammit.

[quote name='Tinman' post='326143' date='Nov 10 2008, 06:31 PM']Update: Was told by the fella in the know, that due to some argument between Samson Tech (Uk Harkte Distributors) and Korg (who are taking over distribution) that the Kilo is not coming to Europe for the foreseeable future :) So no try out for me. What the hell am I going to get that appears that versatile dammit.[/quote]

Best things come to those who wait :huh:

[quote name='redstriper' post='326704' date='Nov 11 2008, 01:10 PM']Have you tried project music in Exeter?

[url="http://www.projectmusic.net/hartke-kilo-3207-p.asp"]http://www.projectmusic.net/hartke-kilo-3207-p.asp[/url][/quote]
There are a few places showing this amp. However, from the horses mouth (unless the rep that was telling my friendly shop owner was full of crap) nowhere in Europe will be getting them for quite some time. All I can say is watch this space.

[quote name='Tinman' post='326990' date='Nov 11 2008, 06:37 PM']There are a few places showing this amp. However, from the horses mouth (unless the rep that was telling my friendly shop owner was full of crap) nowhere in Europe will be getting them for quite some time. All I can say is watch this space.[/quote]

It's true, they haven't even gone into production, so I hear.

[quote name='Hamster' post='326986' date='Nov 11 2008, 06:25 PM']P l e e z e people, stop adding to this thread and bumping it up on the radar - I'm desperately trying to justify not buying one of these amps as a backup!!![/quote]

At only 50p/watt I don;t think it's possible to justify it :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='326986' date='Nov 11 2008, 06:25 PM']P l e e z e people, stop adding to this thread and bumping it up on the radar - I'm desperately trying to justify not buying one of these amps as a backup!!![/quote]
Pay me £100 (half the cost of this amp) and I'll delete the original post as I was the culprit! :)