Why become a member? ×

Kala U-Bass Mahogany Fretted Case £275
£275

spinynorman

I've decided to sell my Kala U-Bass, as I'm not using it. When I did use it, which was for small "unplugged" rock gigs, it was great fun and always a talking point.

It is the acoustic mahogany version, which has a piezo pickup under the bridge. It doesn't have any volume or tone controls.

It is currently strung with Pyramid Black Tape Nylon Bass Uke strings. The advantage is they feel like conventional strings, and sound great unamplified. The downside is the D and G strings come over much quieter than the E and A when amplified. Also, the D string tends to rattle, which I cured with a piece of black card in the nut slot.

I will also include a set of little-used Aquila Silver Rumblers, which are more like the stock strings, but a bit less stretchy, and the original set of stock Pahoehoe strings, which are well stretched.

It is in very good cosmetic condition, with the original case. The action is quite high, as it always has been. There is something that looks like it ought to be an adjustable truss rod, but it isn't. With these you have to accept that you're not going to go flying up and down the neck, or at least, not quickly.

Priced to sell at £275. Can be collected from B49 - 30mins drive west from J15 on M40. Or I can arrange a courier at cost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...