Why become a member? ×

HELP !!! headless bass NEEDED

lewisS

does any one have a good working active headless bass that is no longer played
and is in need of a good home!
this would help me out alot
cheers
lewis
or can any one point me in the right direction for a cheap one thats good for slap bass

Edited by lewisS

That sounds like a Hohner 'Jack' to me. Nice basses , though the top horn always looked a little fragile to me. I'm sure it's not but it looks that way.

Not sure what you call cheap - but I picked up my headless Status 3000 for £270 off ebay last year so there are bargains to be had if you're patient.

Do a search on ebay for headless bass, there's a few affordable ones on there.

This really caught my eye too >> [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gordy-Headless-Bass-UK-made-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ260280909052QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260280909052&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gordy-Headless-Bass-...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

Apparently made by a sister company to Gordon Smith Guitars in the 80s.
Gordon Smith Guitars are great, never seen a bad one, so this might be a bit of a bargain...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='ashevans09' post='275963' date='Sep 3 2008, 12:42 AM']Hmm, don't know where you're based, but a second hand headless hohner has come into a store near me (in Oxford). Nice thing is about it is though it's got a proper body instead of one of those weird angular square things...either way. PM me if you want, I can point you in the right direction :)[/quote]
cheers dude im in dorset how much do u want for that bass and can u post it:)

[quote name='lewisS' post='276458' date='Sep 3 2008, 06:46 PM']cheers dude im in dorset how much do u want for that bass and can u post it:)[/quote]

I don't think it's actually his! He just didn't want to flag up the shop selling it in case someone else jumped in first - just PM Ash and I'm sure the shop in question will be happy to post.

Hohner Jack basses are fine, and really quite solid. The neck is not super slim, a fairly round profile. No worries about the upper horn either - i use it as a lever to bend notes down (pushing on the neck HARD) and it's never felt like its going to bust. The battery compartment covers often break (though mine haven't) and they sound just fine passive anyway. I'd really recommend them, for the money. They normally go for the £140 mark. I doubt there's much better around in that range.
Cheers
MBA

PS I have one I may sell. PM me and I can Fill you in about it as it is really good nick except for 1 thing.