Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sandberg

fretmeister

This lovely thing arrived 20 mins ago

Sandberg TT4 passive.

It's lovely and light and feels great.

The Sandberg strings suck of course so I'll be swapping them this afternoon.

I've had a quick blast and it sounds great. I haven't had a passive bass for years so all my amp & FX settings will need tweaking.

Straight out of the box it's actually very well set up - certainly very playable all over the neck, but I will tweak it a bit when I get my favourite strings on it.

I've never so much as held a Sandberg much less played one. They look superb, in general, though I disliked the oval Delano pickups they sometimes used purely on aesthetic grounds.

I need to try one out sometime,

Looks like a great bass, congrats on your purchase. :)

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1439814169' post='2845925']
Nice one sir - I got a passive TT4 too about two months ago. It's a lovely bass.

Loving the block markers and pearl scratch plate on yours tho - are they a custom order?

Have fun with it!
[/quote]

Nope - I found it on Thomann just as it is!

Very nice, I'm not really a fan of block markers but with the matched whites on that they do work very well.

I've been seriously considering one as my next bass, but not had chance to get hands on with one (yet, but talking to a bassist I work with regularly, I don't think it'd be too long!).

I've fiddled with the action a bit now and it is playing very easily.

I thought I had some spare D'addarios around but I don't so at the moment I'm stuck with the Sandberg strings. Now they've had a good few hours of abuse they are settling in very nicely. They are 45-105 and I usually go for 40-100 but I may well leave them on for a while anyway.

The tuners are the new Sandberg lightweight models and the balance is very good - at some point I'll take a tuner off to weigh and compare with Hipshot Ultralites that I have on most basses.

I've been thinking about adding Ultralites to my old style VM5. It's not too heavy, but lighter is always better and this is about the only thing on the bass that could be improved. I thought about getting new style Sandberg tuners, but it'd leave visible holes I think, but I suppose the Hipshots do as well?

Edited by M@23

I recently received a custom ordered Sandberg and it is my first.

I ordered a dead posh top wood, swamp ash body for lightness and a couple of other options, so I guess you could call it slightly eye wateringly expensive.

However, it is the lightest bass I have ever touched, even lighter than some guitars, and yet no neck dive. How can that be? Also the build quality is unbelievable, and the sound is like butter melting on my senses.

I reckon you get what you pay for with these guys! :)

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1440195784' post='2849087']
I recently received a custom ordered Sandberg and it is my first.

I ordered a dead posh top wood, swamp ash body for lightness and a couple of other options, so I guess you could call it slightly eye wateringly expensive.

However, it is the lightest bass I have ever touched, even lighter than some guitars, and yet no neck dive. How can that be? Also the build quality is unbelievable, and the sound is like butter melting on my senses.

I reckon you get what you pay for with these guys! :)
[/quote]

Picture!!!