Why become a member? ×

Line 6 - Windows 10 issues

ape

Sooo... I recently installed Windows 10 and one of the only issues I've experienced has been with my Line UX1, I've managed to solve this now so thought I'd share on here for our fellow members as I imagine there's probably at least a couple of Line 6 POD, UX users out there. Basically the issue was that after installing Windows 10 even after setting my default soundcard to the line 6 device it still played the sound through my monitor, now oddly I could here my bass through the line 6 headphones or speakers but not youtube or music I was wanting to play along to etc. I messed around installing the latest drives with no joy after a bit of research discovered the resolution. In short you need to go into advance properties and change the sound quality to 16bit, 48,000hz and it all works fine again.

Anyway just thought it was worth sharing, if anyone gets stuck let me know and I'll try and explain in greater detail.

You might just need to reconfigure the soundcard. If its working on some applications thats normally a good sign :-) Unfortunately i am not an expert with Line 6 but i had a similar thing with a soundcard and i just needed to go into a rarely used config option and change the monitor device settings.

Steinberg is having the same problem with it's hardware and Windows 10 . They claim they are working with Miicrosoft to fix it .

www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/product-compatibility-info-regarding-microsoft-windows-10

"The issues our hardware shows when changing the sample rate is only related to WDM audio applications. If the sample rate of the device is changed, applications which utilize WDM audio (e.g. Windows Media player, Windows System Sounds or iTunes) cannot play/record sounds. Only a switch back to the initial sample rate addresses this.
Audio applications like Nuendo and Cubase which offer to use ASIO drivers do not show this behaviour!"

I'm a moderator over at the Line 6 forums and they are definitely working on this. It is sad however that people dive into these updates and don't consider the consequences and immediately blame everyone except M$.

If you're even a half-serious muso you do not update a working system just before a big recording session.