Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ATK 805E WNF Premium 5 String Bass Guitar + Extras!
£600

Astoroth

[color=red][b][font=Verdana]!! FREE P&P Until 3PM on Monday 17th of August, 2015 as I am [/font][/b][/color][color=red][b][font=Verdana]out of the country from the 18th till the 31st of August, so the next time I'll be able to send the bass is the 1st of September.[/font][/b][/color]

[font=Verdana]Up for grabs is my Ibanez Premium ATK805E 5 string bass guitar. You can't buy this in the shops in the UK so I had it imported from the USA in May, 2014 at a cost of just over £800.

The only reason I'm selling is that I have recently bought a custom Status Graphite Series 2 5 String with all the gubbins, I was going to keep this Ibanez bass as a backup however if I'm honest with myself, it's never really going to get played as much as it deserves so it's a reluctant sale but I'd rather see it go to a good home with the knowledge that it's being used for what it was made for.[/font]

[font=Verdana]This is a really powerful bass and has the most amazing range of tones due to its double humbucker pickup at the bridge, single pickup towards the neck, active 3 band EQ plus 3 way coil tap (pickup character) switch so it can be used for absolutely every music genre and style of playing. One thing that catches everyone's eye is the mahoosive bridge that gives the bass a super long sustain, not to mention a unique look. The string spacing is 18mm which I found quite agreeable and easy to play.[/font]

[font=Verdana]The body is made from Ash with a walnut flat finish and wooden pickguard, not that you have a choice in colours as that's the only finish Ibanez offer! The neck is made from 3 piece Maple and is super smooth which helps if you're travelling up and down the neck a lot. It has 22 frets which have had Ibanez's premium fret edge treatment too so there's no sharpish edges at all, as I said super smooth neck! Plus it stays in tune very well which is most likely down to being fitted with quality Hipshot machineheads.

Condition wise I would say it's near new, there are no major dings in the body or neck. I've given the guitar a complete strip down and clean and could only find three slight marks on it that you'd really have to be up close and personal to see. One is a scratch from the bridge saddles on the bridge (visible in pic 9 and I think it could be polished out), a small ding in the bottom horn, about 4mm in diameter (very hard to see in pics 4 & 7) and lastly a small mark on the headstock which I'm pretty sure has been there since day one as it's in the finish (with bionic vision you may just see it in pic 11).

It's recently been restrung with D'Addario EXL170 roundwound nickel plated strings (45,65,80,100,130), comes fitted with Dunlop SLS1501 Straplock system (shown in pic 12), Clearwater padded guitar strap (Straplocks fitted, pic 12). Also included in the sale is a decent quality padded gig bag to keep the bass safe and sound, all of which cost me well over a £100 too![/font]

[font=Verdana]So [b]bass[/b]ically, if you're after a working bass that can pretty much do everything you want and more, this is the bass for you![/font]

Edited by Astoroth