Why become a member? ×

Hi, from Sussex

Safetyman

Hi,

I am from Sussex and joined just today.

Not ( yet ) a bass player, more of a percussionist, though my passion at present is for all things band -related including the pa. My aim is to take-up bass at some point, in conjunction with my pa activities. I do already have the front -of-house gear for pa & other duties, including a bass/guitar power amp which is in need of some sort of pre-amp to go with it. While this particular power amp ( Matrix GT800FX ) is solid state analogue it will do all three types of guitar ( bass, rhythm & lead ) quite happily, with the cleanest clearest sound reproduction that I have yet heard. Almost valve-like, though it does not contain any valves. Recently, tested on bass duties by a friend who is a rock bass player, it powered two Crate 4x12 cabs, one per channel, with ease.......

As for me, I am an MU member , fully trained in H & S and currently one of the MU's Roving Safety reps for the South East. I also have 10 years experience in H & S matters for office-related H & S outside of the MU. Also, I am a qualified pat-tester, doing mostly bands, solos/duos/trios and DJ pat testing of their equipment. More and more music venues now require equipment to have a valid pat test before being allowed in to their premises, especially hotels, so it makes sense to have all equipment regularly tested for that purpose but, more importantly, for the safety of the individual using it .

Cheers

Hi,

I am in the Brighton area( someone had to be ! ).

If anyone is in the vicinity of Worthing this Sunday, I am doing the pa for The South Coast Blues Jam at it's new venue The Alexandra Pub, 28 Lyndhurst Road, Worthing BN11 2DF. See the event on Facebook, which happens 2-5pm every third Sunday each month. We get some fab musicians from all over the South, and pa & backline supplied. Just turn-up and play or spectate, it is all free and the food is great ,too.