Why become a member? ×

My first handmade bass ( Jerry Only bass )

JJW

I'm a massive Misfits fan and i've always loved Jerry Onlys bass so i decided to try and make my own, it didn't go perfectly but i'm happy with it as my first attempt! I finished it but i wasnt happy so i striped the paint, resanded and gave it another go. I finished painting it on August 4th and on August 5th i went to a Misfits concert ( I took my bass without the neck) but the secrurity stop me saying i wasnt allowed! I ended up speaking to the tour promoter who thought it was awesome that i build my own guitar, he spoke to Jerry Only and eventually I got to meet him backstage where he very kindly signed it for me! I am pretty happy with the end product considering i'm only 15.

[attachment=198286:1255387298107_f1.jpg]

[attachment=198275:IMG_8909.PNG]

[attachment=198276:IMG_8911.PNG]

[attachment=198277:IMG_8912.PNG]

[attachment=198278:IMG_8955.JPG]

[attachment=198281:IMG_9767.JPG]

[attachment=198282:IMG_9771.JPG]

[attachment=198283:Josh photos 2095.JPG]

[attachment=198284:Josh photos 2096.JPG]

[attachment=198285:Josh photos 2097.JPG]

It's not going to be to everyone's taste, but it looks like you've done a fantastic job there.

You should stick a thread up on the Build Diaries section I'm sure they'd be interested in the processes you employed to get such a great looking instrument.

That's a really nice build and it's awesome that you got to show it to Jerry. I love the fact that his own basses, which he makes himself, have no volume control as he doesn't ever turn it down. As someone who's constantly checking my volume and tone controls are fully on I can see his point!