Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk bass

alex_1_2_3

I was wondering if anyone on here owns a Maruszczyk bass?
I'm really tempted to order one, particularly a 'Jake' model but I'd really like to test one out before I pull the trigger. If anyone does have one and they don't mind me coming round to test it out I'd be very grateful :)

At the risk of being extremely forward, I'm looking to try an Elwood 4 before committing to purchase one next year. If anybody in Scotland or North England would be willing to let me loose in their home for an hour, I would be forever indebted. :D

Edited by Funky Dunky

I've just ordered myself a Jake 4a a couple of hours ago :D I'm based down in Essex so if that is any good you're more than welcome to come and try it out once it arrives. It should be here in around two weeks since I am having a custom pick-guard made for it before its sent out.

Edit: I am also quite often up in Huddersfield if that helps anyone too. Feel free to PM me.

Edited by Naetharu

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1438810510' post='2837692']
It's quite right and understandable that you want to try one first, but FWIW I ordered mine blind... and I absolutely can't fault it.

The build quality is impeccable, and bear in mind you can spec it with pretty much any hardware you like...
[/quote]

Its all your fault that I ordered mine! I was doing fine with my little Ibanez until I saw your beautiful P/J in your NBD post a few weeks back and since then I've been fighting some major GAS :blush:

I was on the Public Peace website last night and found these stunning examples.

[url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/mr-tee/4-string"]http://www.public-pe...mr-tee/4-string[/url]

They've definitely made the 'basses I will one day own' list.

The red hollow body is up there with the most beautiful basses I've ever seen.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1438801597' post='2837562']
Have you searched? I've posted a couple of threads.

If you're anywhere near Newcastle you're welcome to try mine.

I can't fault them - IMO, in the P and J department they've got Fender, Lakland, Sandberg etc. on the run.
[/quote]

Yes I saw your threads, the pictures and sound clips that I've seen look and sound very promising, which only makes me want to try one more!

Unfortunately I don't have any NE travel plans anytime soon but if that changes I'll definitely be in touch. (If I haven't placed an order before then!).

Naetharu I'll send you a PM tomorrow Huddersfield isn't too far from me so that could work :).

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1438813062' post='2837736']
I was on the Public Peace website last night and found these stunning examples.

[url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/mr-tee/4-string"]http://www.public-pe...mr-tee/4-string[/url]

They've definitely made the 'basses I will one day own' list.

The red hollow body is up there with the most beautiful basses I've ever seen.
[/quote]

Yeah that red hollow body is gorgeous!

Great Basses. I owned 4 Maruszczyk Basses. My first One in 2006. Adrian is an absolute great Guy and it is a Pleasure to deal with him. The best way would be to come to Germany and visit him in his Studio/Showroom in Aldenhoven/Germany (between Cologne and Aachen) There are lots of Basses to test and you are able to configure your Dream Bass for a very affordable Price. The Buildt-Quality is superior/ Top Notch and I guess if there would be the "F-Word" on the Headstock you would have to pay Way more. So go and get one. ;)

Here is my latest Addition. An Elwood 5a (Ash/Maple, with Glockenklang Preamp and Delano PU's, 4,3Kg)

Edited by AREA