Why become a member? ×

ACG Gallus 5 string bass **SOLD***
£650

BaggyMan

ACG 5 string Gallus (2010)
£600 — Based in Rochester, also work in London, will post at buyers expense.
An early (2010) Handmade Gallus style bass guitar by Alan Cringean, from Moffat in Scotland (acguitars.co.uk) . Very High quality (it would cost you £200 just for the pre-amp) this is a lovely bass, which I have to find a new home for (car crashes are expensive! and now i need a new amp...). If i had to compare it in looks, think Warwick dolphin..ish. Very nice weight, easy on the the old neck muscles! Light bass, sits well on the lap as well as the strap. You certainly wont see many of these around.

In very nice condition (two 1mm size dints as far as i can find).

ACG's are fast becoming a cult bass manufacturer due to the very high quality of build.

Neck
5 string, 35" scale
Bolt on 24 fret Rosewood board zero radius alloy side dots.
3 piece Maple neck with dual action trussrod.
Asymmetric neck carve.
Body
Alder with black limba top (a type of mahogany)
Hardware
Hipshot bridge Type B spacing 18mm.
Gotoh GB7 tuners.
ACG Custom FB humbucker.
Hipshot string tree
ACG EQ02 3K/S filter preamp (addition capability for a second pickup if needed)

[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/135397402@N07/20458652626/in/datetaken/"]https://www.flickr.c...6/in/datetaken/[/url]

Have price dropped this as I need to move on....If you have an active monitor I'll even px with the appropriate balance......

Edited by BaggyMan

Dear baggyman Im interested in your bass but want to find out from Alan how much it would cost to fit a fretless neck on it as im only looking for a fretless! Add another pickup too perhaps.

can you tell me the neck width at zero fret and also the depth of neck is it shallow?

Cheers z

Hi Zawinul, the width at the zero fret is 43mm, the neck is asymetric so its about 25mm at the deepest (rough measurement, Alan will supply more accurate numbers i suspect). Alan building you a direct replacement neck means when its time to move on you'll be able to have that as a selling point perhaps.

I have a fretless with a j-p configuration and play almost exclusively on the bridge pickup.
The pre amp has the connector for a second pickup. I may be changing my other ACG pre amp with has the extra blend pot etc, maybe we can sort something out for that.

If you are considering it I can ship it back to moffat directly, saves shipping to you, then to Alan. Whatever suits you really.

Thanks for you interest.

GF

Last price drop, final and.....well you get the idea...

£550 buys this lovely bass,

cant get anymore bargain basement than that bass chums. Go on check down the back of the sofa, smash the 'for a rainy day' piggy banks.

I am looking for an active PA monitor so will Px against one of those...come on you're worth it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1444858292' post='2886844']
Have you got a black and white horizontally striped top? Absolute steal!!
[/quote]

I know! I expect to be put in handcuffs when I sign for the parcel!

Seriously though - these beauties aren't fetching what they should.

Dave has indeed done a deal. I just dont get the second hand market on ACG's atm. I have a J type graft 5 and is the puppies dangly bits. Some folk struggle with the filter pre-amps, but that is a simple upgrade on a very finely made instruments Anyhow Dave you are gonna like the Gallus enjoy.