Why become a member? ×

Original Bands wanted to audition for new TV Series

Harryboylad

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
Thunder Valley Rocks is a new TV series based around new and upcoming bands. We will be filming a pilot for a new 9 episode series in November/December of this year and the subsequent episodes will begin filming early next year.

Over an initial four week period we will be auditioning 20 bands to appear in the pilot show which will feature the best 5 bands from the auditions. Further auditions will take place later in the year for the remaining episodes with the last show being a finale when 8 bands will compete to win an exclusive slot in one of next years music festivals.

We are looking for applications from original unsigned bands who would like to appear on the show and are ambitious enough to play a major festival.

Thunder Valley Rocks will take place at Thunder Valley in the stunning Amber Valley, Derbyshire which is a long established Rock and Bike Club which as well as hosting some great bands also hosts fantastic bike and car events bringing up to 20,000 visitors per month.

Each episode will also feature well known celebrity music guests who give some insight into their past success and talk about what they are doing now. These guests will also be appraising the bands’ performance, offering tips and advice and finally between them they will choose one band who will win the chance to play live at one of the UK's big festivals

The programme will be relaxed with celebrity music guests, including Malcolm Allured, sitting on sofas and discussing the bands, their potential and their talents as well as reflecting on their own past experiences and success stories. Their will be some flashbacks of the guests performances and discussions about how they finally made it to the big time.[/size][/font][/color][color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
Toyah has agreed to present the show and we have some fantastic guests lined up - check the website for details.

Once the series starts there will be a further audition process to find the 5 bands needed for each show. At the end of the series the "Best" band as decided by the celebrity guests at the finale will be invited to perform at one of the UK's big music festivals.

Audition Dates:-
Saturday October 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th 2015

Live Filming of First episode:-
Saturday 14th November 2015

Last day for applications 15th September 2015

Apply online at - www.thundervalleyrocks.com[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1438709782' post='2836623']
I wonder if this involves signing any "Simon Cowell" type contracts?
[/quote]

Hopefully not, but bands beware.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1438726094' post='2836800']
Decided to enter. Using my mobile as I'm a poor turtored artist and the upload won't upload and the submit button doesn't seem to work.
[/quote]

Clearly a website created for Windows/Mac not for mobile iOS or Android...

Clause 16 of t&c says you grant them all rights to your image and sound worldwide even if not selected. Clause 17 says further contracts with Thunder Valley must
be signed if you are selected.Suppose these are standard TV conditions.

Very info has been posted yet who Thunder Valley are but a wee bit digging reveals the drummer from [color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Showaddywaddy owns TV. Toyah is one of the guests along with [/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]a Pantera bass playing fella and Big Country drummer [/font][/color][color=#252525][font=sans-serif]Mark Brzezicki.[/font][/color]

[color=#252525][font=sans-serif]Can't fault the pedigree of either Mark or Toyah. [/font][/color]

That's a "Simon Cowell" contract. This is a fishing exercise, and why they only want unsigned bands.

They will own your music whether it is used by them or not, and they will probably take a percentage of your musical earnings whether that work is generated by them or not.

You have to understand exactly what you are being asked to sign away. I wouldn't touch one of these contracts in a million years.

Be very careful.

[color=#3F3F3F][font=Oxygen, sans-serif][size=5]17[/size][/font][/color][color=#3F3F3F][font=Oxygen, sans-serif][size=5] [/size][/font][/color][color=#3F3F3F][font=Oxygen, sans-serif][size=5]Should you be selected to take part in the Programme you agree and undertake to enter into further contracts with the Thunder Valley Rocks Management Ltd and you agree to abide by the terms therein.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#3F3F3F][font=Oxygen, sans-serif]So you're being asked to agree to contracts whose terms you haven't seen... surely that would never stand up in court? [/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1438759905' post='2836897']
Suppose these are standard TV conditions.
[/quote]

Never sign away any rights on a guess or supposition!That is a supid hing to do.

Only sign a contract when you know [u]exactly[/u] what it all means.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1438769404' post='2837003']
[size=4][color=#3F3F3F][font=Oxygen, sans-serif]So you're being asked to agree to contracts whose terms you haven't seen... surely that would never stand up in court? [/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

How much are you going to spend to find out?

The Beatles and Rolling Stones were unable to get out for their Alan Klein contracts, so don't assume questionable terms invalidate anything.

It gets worse (depending on one's perspective, of course).

From the Thunder Valley FAQs:

[quote][i]Can our fans come to the auditions?[/i]

Yes - absolutely - we actually encourage fans and [b]would ask bands auditioning to bring at least 50 fans[/b] to be part of the audience. We do this to create the audience and atmosphere for the shows and is an essential part of the success of Thunder Valley Rocks

[i]Is there a charge for fans to enter?[/i]

Yes [b]a small charge of £5 per person[/b] which helps cover the cost of setting up the programme[/quote]

So the basic proposition is "We'd like you to ensure we get £250 from your fans and in return we'll film you on the proviso that we may ask you to sign further contracts which [i]may[/i] place us in a position to own a slice of everything you do in perpetuity. Bargaintastic, eh?"

Anyway I never liked Toyah Wilcox. What did Bob Fripp ever see in her? It's a mystery.
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1438799473' post='2837521']
What did Bob Fripp ever see in her? It's a mystery.[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

Because he knows how she got the lisp.

Anyway, Neon Womb is a classic.

[media]http://youtu.be/sUwcKU1Rh1o[/media]

Once you've watched, please put your £5 in the cup by the door