Why become a member? ×

Moog Minitaur

Wilco

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1438686043' post='2836341']
Minitaur/McMillen 12 Step/McMillen midi interface. I use a laptop for patch selection though you can do it via the Minitaur's controls. And of course some chunky boxes to make it loud.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I probably only need a couple of sounds out of it, so patch selection shouldn't be an issue.

On that basis & if I read your post correctly, all I need then is the 12 step & the minitaur, & plug the Minitaur into the PA?

[quote name='Wilco' timestamp='1438704309' post='2836561']
On that basis & if I read your post correctly, all I need then is the 12 step & the minitaur, & plug the Minitaur into the PA?
[/quote]

and the 12 step midi interface - that is a separate part (but quite cheap)

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1438708268' post='2836603']
and the 12 step midi interface - that is a separate part (but quite cheap)
[/quote]+1. The 12 Step will talk directly to a computer but not to a musical instrument (ie the Minitaur). Now if you put your patches straight onto a laptop... Anyway can we play guess the patches? One will be Taurus....

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1438757359' post='2836878']
McMillan 12 step, interface, minitaur, PA. no presets, I use one sound live (think the intro to 'Don't stand so close' by The Police. I set it up every gig by looking at a photo I have on my phone.
It sounds great
[/quote]Can you link that photo? I'd be interested in that one thanks.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1438765187' post='2836956']
[url="http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/FatSting/20131012_1133401_zpsxbonyuhf.jpg"][/url]

Here you go. I sometimes roll the cutoff frequency back a little, depending on the room/PA
[/quote]Many thanks, I'll give that a go after work.

Minitaur and Roland PK5 or PK5A midi bass pedals total control from your feet, you can change octave and program number also with your feet just store the presets on the minitaur and the pedal switching will go through each program for you which you can select with your feet. used that set up for a long time never any issues.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1438777871' post='2837134']
Minitaur and Roland PK5 or PK5A midi bass pedals total control from your feet, you can change octave and program number also with your feet just store the presets on the minitaur and the pedal switching will go through each program for you which you can select with your feet. used that set up for a long time never any issues.
[/quote]

don't you need a computer to store preset sounds?