Why become a member? ×

Song Intros That Catch You Out

The Funk

Hah, I once heard a drunk guy singing all the right words over a song - except they were to a completely different song. He didn't care - he was going to sing all the words as loudly as possible to convince everyone else he did have the right song. It was brilliant. He didn't stop until the next song started!

I think this relates to The Funk's 1st post, every time I hear the intro to 'son of a preacher man' I start singing 'hits from the bong' by cypress hill! Its a terrible thing to say but its the only time I'm disappointed to hear Dusty Springfield sing!

[quote name='super al' timestamp='1438539787' post='2835319']
I think this relates to The Funk's 1st post, every time I hear the intro to 'son of a preacher man' I start singing 'hits from the bong' by cypress hill! Its a terrible thing to say but its the only time I'm disappointed to hear Dusty Springfield sing!
[/quote]
If anything just cos you done get the immortal line of" there's water inside don't spill it. Smells like sh*t on the carpet"

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1438552321' post='2835440']
Whenever our guitarist plays the intro to A Little Less Conversation, the drummer and I sing Angel of Harlem over the top of it.
It really annoys him and we just giggle like a pair of idiots.
[/quote]

Love it. :lol:

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1438542917' post='2835343']
Oasis Don't Look Back in Anger and Imagine by John Lennon. Every time.
[/quote]

Although the chord run that's a lift from "All the Young Dudes" is also confusing.

Also that one where the drummer clicks and shouts "2, 3, 4". Nights like that are always good, particularly when depping.

Seriously though, I once worked with a drummer who would [i]click[/i] "2, 3, 4", and the "1" was always silent, in his head to himself… threw everyone off a couple of times...