Why become a member? ×

Overwater anniversary bass?

ape

Hi everyone, this has been driving me crazy so thought it was worth asking the many knowledgeable people on here to save my sanity. I can remember years ago seeing an Overwater bass in a bass magazine I think it was bass player or something like that, was a UK one and didn't last a massive amount of time unfortunately, anyway if I remember correctly it was an anniversary bass or something and had silver inlays, think the body was walnut, I've done the good old google search and don't seem to be able to find anything, anyone else remember it just so I know I've not lost the plot?

Hi Ape

Yes i Know the bass, and it was recently back with us in the overwater workshop for a setup. I believe it was the 25th anniversary so around 2004/05, it was before my time so im not sure how many were produced and where they are now. let me know if you would like any further details and i can ask around.

Martin

[quote name='martin lee' timestamp='1438530131' post='2835192']
Hi Ape

Yes i Know the bass, and it was recently back with us in the overwater workshop for a setup. I believe it was the 25th anniversary so around 2004/05, it was before my time so im not sure how many were produced and where they are now. let me know if you would like any further details and i can ask around.

Martin
[/quote]

It's nice to know I'm not going crazy then, more info would be great but don't put yourself out too much, can just remember it looking an amazing bass think it was older than that, possibly 20th anniversary seems to ring a bell and think it was in bassist magazine, would still be curious about the 25th one though as I'm nosey lol

[quote name='MOSCOWBASS' timestamp='1438589892' post='2835549']
Martin, i think the bass ape is talking about was the 20th anniversary bass, about 1999, mine was the 25th anniversary one, but wasn't featured in a magazine
[/quote]

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a 20th and was in bassist magazine, that 25th is very very nice though