Why become a member? ×

TECAMP

eevespete

For what it's worth I was in exactly the same position as you a few months ago, pulled the trigger and traded my TH500 for the 900. I can't comment on your own circumstances musically but I play in an 80's cover band and the 900 is much more suitable and punchy. The Taste control is a great way to quickly get the measure of the room you are playing in and a quick turn if you are swapping basses during a set can make a huge difference. I play mine through two SL112s and they sing very well with a bit of tweaking on the bass control.

My main amp is a Demeter 800D - it's super clean but still warm enough. It seems like the Puma is the smallest available that is similar.

For bigger things I use Berg cabs, but I need something super light for educational purposes - I play with a local music trust band and help out at their Saturday sessions and there are a lot of room changes where I have to pack and move.

So a little 2.2lb amp with my incoming Barefaced One-10 will be perfect for orchestra use.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1438295688' post='2833441']
Another happy Puma 900 owner here. Plenty of power and an EQ that works for me (the more complex an EQ is, the more chance I have of messing it up).
[/quote]
just what i was going to say.
I replaced my stolen GB Shuttle9.2 with the Puma 900 and I have no complaints. In fact I prefer the Puma,.

i have markbass big bang , f1, f500, tc electornic rh450 and now puma1000. never go back. stay with puma. its just too much for me for now , but i know , i will go to puma again. use with two ae112 and for me superprofi. puma1000 have a nice comp inside, a LOT of power, control. very clean and natural sound, maybe little flatter like markbass , but much more controlled. you are on a good way :)