Why become a member? ×

What's the most over-rated bass, or bass related product???

silverfoxnik

[quote name='BassManKev' post='273898' date='Aug 31 2008, 05:57 PM']how could i forget this one, Gold hardware, cheap, chavvy and taccy looking, no no no[/quote]

oh noes... now you've gone and done it... My Tanglewood acoustic bass has some very tasteful gold twiddly knobs on it...

chavvy it most definitely ain't

I've never seen a chav playing a musical instrument... they're too busy "consuming" awful music on their MP3 enabled phones... and upsetting everybody else cos they're too cheap to use headphones...

[quote name='lwtait' post='273770' date='Aug 31 2008, 03:34 PM']passive basses - too quiet, don't sound good, have to mess around with your amp to get different sounds etc.[/quote]

Haha, come round and play my P with a Wizard Thumper pickup then tell me passive basses are too quiet :unsure:

I like all the Ashdown bashing that consists of nothing more than: "Ashdown, 'nuff said" :)

Anyway, my contribution :huh:
Anything Fender: Over-priced, over-used, just blahhhhh in general
Hartke amps/cabs: Them aluminium cones are rubbish, the amp heads look really cheap
Basses that cost £1000000000 and your soul
Ampeg, 'nuff said :huh:
Elixir Strings: Stay sounding new for 46 years, which would be great if they didn't sound sh*te to start with...
In fact, just like everyone else, I hate everything that isn't my own gear :huh:

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='273919' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:24 PM']Your fender is only .1lb heavier than my first baby at birth... that's heavy! At least you're not trying to push a fender out of your wazoo...[/quote]

Great use of the Birth card! :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='273921' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:25 PM']Are they graphite sticks?

My drummer has graphite sticks andhas used the same pair for years in a Punk band.[/quote]
He says they're aluminium with polyuerethane sheaths... (covers, not condoms!). He tried graphite but they stained his skins so he went off them :huh: :)

[quote name='kevbass' post='273925' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:28 PM']Headstock snobbery, i.e those who wont touch a bass if it has a cheap name on the headstock.
Pointy Basses, just a no no for me.
Bass players with the most expensive gear who have little experience or talent[/quote]
How's this for cheap.. my Shine doesn't even HAVE the name on the headstock... :)

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='273924' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:27 PM']He says they're aluminium with polyuerethane sheaths... (covers, not condoms!). He tried graphite but they stained his skins so he went off them :huh: :)[/quote]

Ah my drummer cuts himself at most gigs (not on purpose) so his skins are blood stained anyway.

[quote name='kevbass' post='273925' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:28 PM']Headstock snobbery, i.e those who wont touch a bass if it has a cheap name on the headstock.
Pointy Basses, just a no no for me.
Bass players with the most expensive gear who have little experience or talent[/quote]

Agreedthere is nothing worse than playing with a 15 year old who has just started out whos parents have bought him the Fender CS and an Ampeg rig.

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='273919' date='Aug 31 2008, 06:24 PM']Your fender is only .1lb heavier than my first baby at birth... that's heavy! At least you're not trying to push a fender out of your wazoo...[/quote]

Never thought of it that way.

Still I need the exercise.