Why become a member? ×

What's the most over-rated bass, or bass related product???

silverfoxnik

[quote name='ruztiwarren' post='274565' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:38 PM']And another thing..... Why is it on YouTube, even if it's a ten second second clip of a five year girl "playing" her dad's (or mom's) bass in the living room, someone feels compelled to mention she's not as good as Flea/Claypool (insert name), at which point it's statutory for some other critic to mention the name Wooten. Said name will then spark a strongly worded bitch fight for several pages, culminating in speculation about each others sexuality and mother's profession. This tends to be regardless of whatever level, style, gender or age of the bass player's clip. I'm gonna find a Wooten clip and write I bet Wooten could s**t all over this guy (which is probably true).[/quote]

abso-f*ckin-lutely!!! Remind me to never enable the ability to post comments on any video I ever post on you tube.

[quote name='Jase' post='274446' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:08 PM']You disgust me too, nowt wrong with Bill :) :unsure:

Oh, here's one!!! people who slag legends :huh:[/quote]And here's another! people who call a player a 'legend' just because they like them, and then slag other people for not liking them :lol: :lol: :o
Hey, this one could go round in circles for days :huh: :huh:

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='274847' date='Sep 1 2008, 07:15 PM']Anything with carpet covering.

Fender stock bridges that collapse on you. Well , they collapse on me!

Alembics with a pointy bottom so you can't stand them up. Or any other Alembics come to think of it.

Jaydees. 2 jam jar lids stuck to a funny shaped body , what's that all about.

Strap manufacturers - all of them - for putting a hole in that's too small and a slot that makes a small hole pointless.

But the award for the biggest pile of sh*te goes to Schaller - for manufacturing straplocks that don't lock on to a strap and dump my Status on my foot mid gig making me look a right numpty - not to mention the pain.
Thankyou Schaller - you utter,utter twats.[/quote]

So thats why you sold me that bridge :) :huh:

Who is Brian Fox?

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='274847' date='Sep 1 2008, 07:15 PM']But the award for the biggest pile of sh*te goes to Schaller - for manufacturing straplocks that don't lock on to a strap and dump my Status on my foot mid gig making me look a right numpty - not to mention the pain.
Thankyou Schaller - you utter,utter twats.[/quote]

erm... you're supposed to do them up real tight with a spanner... not finger tight... and then it pays to check them every few weeks...

I always have the correct size spanner in my gig bag...

not a real spanner though, a thin flat one that came free with a assemble-it-yourself piece of furniture... turned out to be the right size for the schallers so I kept hold of it.

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='275028' date='Sep 1 2008, 10:39 PM']erm... you're supposed to do them up real tight with a spanner... not finger tight... and then it pays to check them every few weeks...

I always have the correct size spanner in my gig bag...

not a real spanner though, a thin flat one that came free with a assemble-it-yourself piece of furniture... turned out to be the right size for the schallers so I kept hold of it.[/quote]

I always use them beer bottle plastic thingys you get on big bottles of grolsch, cheaper and you get to drink the beer

[quote name='kevbass' post='275037' date='Sep 1 2008, 10:44 PM']I always use them beer bottle plastic thingys you get on big bottles of grolsch, cheaper and you get to drink the beer[/quote]

ah, but... you can't swap basses quickly and keep the same strap... means you've got to buy several comfy straps if you've got several basses you use.

[quote name='Josh' post='275122' date='Sep 2 2008, 12:30 AM']May I present, Brian Fox:[/quote]
Hmmm, this guy is not a learner :)

Given the context of this thread, interesting to note that he does not seem hindered in his technical abilities by playing that most maligned of basses, the Fender P

So to all you Fender haters ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner

[quote name='Clarky' post='275128' date='Sep 2 2008, 12:38 AM']Hmmm, this guy is not a learner :)

Given the context of this thread, interesting to note that he does not seem hindered in his technical abilities by playing that most maligned of basses, the Fender P

So to all you Fender haters ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner[/quote]

An annoying player with an annoying personality, with the most annoying bass, good times :huh:

Off the top of my head....

Behringer…. Say no more…
MusicMan Bongo…. Ugly beyond belief
Markbass colour scheme…. It’s soooooo wrong!
Warwick Katana….. see Bongo
Bartolini Pickups…. Bland…
6+ string ‘basses’….. just get a guitar, once you play that high it’s called ‘treble’!
Trace Elliot…. Used to like it, then realised it has no richness of ‘tone’
Relic’ed basses….. why?? Just why?!?
People who think constantly ‘slapping’ makes them a good bassist….
Bassists who constantly play 'chops'..... just 'lock in' sometimes ferfuksake!