Why become a member? ×

DR Neon Strings

CamdenRob

Anyone else tried these? I bought a set of yellow ones for my Schecter C7.

They look great but sound absolutely crap, dead and muffled from the off.. Are they all like this or did I just get a duff set?

They are comming off tonight, I can't possibly use them in public they sound terrible.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1437415328' post='2825824']
A guitarist I played with tried an orange set and came to the same conclusion. They sounded like old, dead strings right out of the packet.
[/quote]

Yeah they are truly awful, the b string sounds like a rubber band.

Or, if you are like me and love the sound of dead strings, I've had a set of greens on for about 4 years now and I think they are great!
The coating is only now starting to flake off where I use a pick and around some frets.
Expensive, but in my case well worth it.

I have a set of blacks on my (all black, ebony FB) Godin xtSA. Bought for the looks and hoped longevity, they do work OK in synth cntrol mode, but can sound distinctly plunky on the bottom E and A strings. I couldn't recommend them for standard electric use, but they're fine with synth and don't sound any worse than any other acoustic guitar when using the piezo in the bridge.

Mine have been consigned to the bin and replaced with my usual elixirs...

I had a set of red ones on bass before and they were fine, actually sounded quite bright and lasted a fair while and to be honest, I could have lived with the E-E on the yellow guitar set but the Low B was horrendous... I should have made a video of it just to demonstrate how bad it actually was.

Edited by CamdenRob