Why become a member? ×

Putting up an ad on BC?

pjb13.bass

I've just tried to put up an ad on the gear for sale forum. It seemed to go ok apart from loading up my , (admittedly rubbish), pics on their side? However when I tried to look at it, it doesn't 'seem to be there despite saying that mine was the most recent item added to the forum on the right hand side of the screen? I admit I'm crap at this sort of thing but can anyone help?

[quote name='pjb13.bass' timestamp='1437165133' post='2824209']...can anyone help?
[/quote]

Good evening, Pete...

Firstly, have a read through here...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=20"]Marketplace Rules ...[/url]

Send a Private message (PM...) to any Mod or Admin if you still have bother posting your ad.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1437167568' post='2824238']
You should automatically get asked for payment when you post the ad.
If that didn't happen it's best to get in touch with a moderator.
[/quote]

Yes it took me to a page asking if I wanted to 'subscribe' which I didn't so I ignored it. Typical of me doing this sort of thing. Thanks to you all for your kind help. I will subscribe now so if you are in the market for new gear I have 4 basses and three cabs for sale.

Cheers Guys!

PeteB

So as a postscript to this I tried to pay my £20 annual subscription and the only way you can do this is via PayPal. So, I go through the screen filling in all the fields and at the end it tells me I'm trying to use an existing card number with a different password. It then occurs to me that I did indeed set up a Paypal account some 8 or so years ago and I'm pretty sure I did it in order to buy the bass, (from Ebay), that I am now trying to sell. Can I remember the password? Can I buggery!

I find this sort of thing so utterly deflating and depressing.

[quote name='pjb13.bass' timestamp='1437172175' post='2824303']
So as a postscript to this I tried to pay my £20 annual subscription and the only way you can do this is via PayPal. So, I go through the screen filling in all the fields and at the end it tells me I'm trying to use an existing card number with a different password. It then occurs to me that I did indeed set up a Paypal account some 8 or so years ago and I'm pretty sure I did it in order to buy the bass, (from Ebay), that I am now trying to sell. Can I remember the password? Can I buggery!

[/quote]

Had a look here..?

[url="https://www.paypal.com/webapps/accountrecovery/passwordrecovery?execution=e1s1"]Paypal: Forgot your password..? ...[/url]

Hope this helps.

[quote name='pjb13.bass' timestamp='1437172175' post='2824303']

[/quote]

Is there no option to pay as a guest using Paypal (without signing up for it) ?

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1437172438' post='2824307']
Is there no option to pay as a guest using Paypal (without signing up for it) ?
[/quote]

Not unless I'm mis-reading it again. Anyway thanks to Douglas, (Dad3353), I've managed to reset PayPal password and pay my subscription.

Manufacturers of computer equipment should make an attachment where you could feed your twenty pounds note through, a bit like you do at the supermarket self service tills.

I'd buy lots of stuff if I could do it this way :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1437215132' post='2824455']
But there's already a slot on the front of your computer to do that. I find I have to poke it in with a paperclip or something - I guess the automatic feeder on mine isn't working properly.
[/quote]

How long have you been poking £20 notes into your computer?
Do you know what your IT technician looks like?
Where is your office?

... :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1437408106' post='2825740']
My problem is that I can't get the snaps to upload at all.
Any advice from techno-BC'ers?
[/quote]

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

This is the link to use from Photobucket ...

Others are similar. Hope this helps...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1437423237' post='2825925']
So I create a link on the ad?I presume I would need an account with Imgur or similar?
I can't see why I can't upload my jpegs onto an ad.
[/quote]

Nor can I, I am only trying to get your pictures posted. Yes, an 'Imgur' or similar account would be need to post there.
Let's have a few details, then.
What equipment are you using (PC..? Laptop..? 'Phone..?). What browser..? How big are these pictures..?
Here's the 'official' method...[list=1]
[*]Open your post for editing - or do it whilst posting.
[*]Then select 'Use full editor'
[*]Where it says 'Attach files' - click on 'Choose files'
[*]That will take you to your PC's file selector so you can click on which file to attach - you can only upload one at a time.
[*]When it's uploaded - click on 'Attach this file'; it will be inserted wherever the cursor is placed.
[/list]
Repeat the process from step 3 for each photo.

If you're on a PC, I can try to walk you through the process of posting directly onto your post, as above. Try the above; reply here if problems persist ...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1437684565' post='2828271']
Well,I tried the method................nada!
I did notice that it says I have used 31.52MB of my 30MB upload quota!
[/quote]

Try this, to delete attachments no longer required, and liberate quota space..?

[color=#800080]Go to your 'My Profile' (your pseudo, top right...).[/color]
[color=#800080]Select 'Edit my Profile' (black button a bit below...).[/color]
[color=#800080]Select 'Manage Attachments' (in the list on the left...).[/color]
[color=#800080]They are listed in date order. Navigate to oldest, select those to be deleted (tick boxes on the right...).[/color]
[color=#800080]Select 'Delete Selected' (grey button at bottom right of list...).[/color]
[color=#800080]Repeat, page by page, until all unwanted attachments are deleted.[/color]

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea, of course; even more so if using higher resolution photos. Your quota limit would never be reached using this method, and the photos are better presented.

Hope this helps.