Why become a member? ×

not an effect, but... tuner recommendations?

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I need to replace my dead Boss TU-2 tuner.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Should I get the same again or is there something better out there?[/font][/color]

Edited by 1970

You could go for a Zoom MS60-B as you get loads of effects plus a tuner ... I got a Harley Benton tuner from Thomann for £12 & I think it's great :) even tracks my low A ... is it super accurate ? Dunno but I can't tell .... actually selling all my pedals except this one !

Edited by sifi2112

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1436883774' post='2821686']
link to a good one?
[/quote]

I use this, the D'Addario/Planet Waves Micro Headstock Tuner. It's tiny. You can hardly see it from the front of the bass, the LED display is easily visible on dark stages and you don't have to have your bass plugged in as it works by sensing vibrations through the headstock. Also you don't need any extra floor or board space, it can stay fitted to the bass at all times, and doesn't need extra leads or cables.

Plus they are less than twelve quid, so I have one for each of my basses.
[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Waves-PW-CT-12-Micro-Headstock/dp/B005FKF1PY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436901416&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+headstock+tuner"]http://www.amazon.co...headstock+tuner[/url]

I've also ordered the Joyo version (£9) so I'll do a little review of that when it arrives. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1436895613' post='2821851']
A lot of love for the Korg Pitch Black on BC, myself included.
[/quote] This I have tried other makes of tuner pedal such as BOSS, TC and a few cheaper ones and find the KORG best nice big display easy to use and you can power an effects pedal from it also

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436901471' post='2821934']
I use this, the D'Addario/Planet Waves Micro Headstock Tuner. It's tiny. You can hardly see it from the front of the bass, the LED display is easily visible on dark stages and you don't have to have your bass plugged in as it works by sensing vibrations through the headstock. Also you don't need any extra floor or board space, it can stay fitted to the bass at all times, and doesn't need extra leads or cables.

Plus they are less than twelve quid, so I have one for each of my basses.
[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Waves-PW-CT-12-Micro-Headstock/dp/B005FKF1PY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436901416&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+headstock+tuner"]http://www.amazon.co...headstock+tuner[/url]

I've also ordered the Joyo version (£9) so I'll do a little review of that when it arrives. :)

[/quote] Have tried headstock tuners in the past and found them to be crap but this one looks good, heres a nice review of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hi_SI3Lvs

Pitch black looks good, but I think I'll grab a TU-3 because you can also use it as a splitter into 2 amps, which is useful for studio and messing around with amps.

Will probably grab a TC clip-on for around the house too - they look awesome.

thanks all...

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1436949262' post='2822208']
Will probably grab a TC clip-on for around the house too - they look awesome.
[/quote]

I was impressed with mine until I somehow managed to switch it to disco strobe mode at rehearsal on Monday... Need to figure out how to set it back how it was because the mode its now stuck in is utterly useless.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1436956866' post='2822278']

I was impressed with mine until I somehow managed to switch it to disco strobe mode at rehearsal on Monday... Need to figure out how to set it back how it was because the mode its now stuck in is utterly useless.
[/quote]

I did that the other day. Try pressing the same button twice. That worked for me (I think!)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436954887' post='2822260']
Wait, aren't you the guy who asked for advice before, and then just did what you were going to do anyway..? :lol:
[/quote]

haha yes, I need to surround myself with sycophants who reinforce my opinions and actions...

BUT hey I learnt about the clip on, so this thread has been A+

TU-3 for me. Depends on if you're looking for it to do more than just be a good tuner. I'd expect there to be plenty of YouTube vid demos for the most popular ones available. Wouldn't normally recommend youtube for forming an opinion but in this case there's no sound to judge..it's all visual.