Why become a member? ×

THE G&L THREAD

dub_junkie

On 19/08/2021 at 19:50, neepheid said:

I'm back in G&L land after some time out.  Here's the CLF Research L-1000 I took possession of this week:

01_all.thumb.jpg.756e9b8120f31eaa82d201de15efc88f.jpg 02_body.thumb.jpg.1ae8c42fc3ae9459734e619fc8440613.jpg

Royal purple.  Lovely finish, difficult to photograph ;)

Congrats! Looks great in that colour. 🙂

I love mine. The neck profile is a smidge wider than I normally like but as it feels shallower front to back, it’s really rather comfortable.

Can’t wait to start rehearsing with my new band in the next couple of weeks. I think the OMG setting is going to be my staple tone. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am looking for a purple L 1000 or LB 100 at the moment which is pretty tough if you don't want to place an option order that takes 6-12 months at the moment. The availability of US made G&L basses in Europe is quite poor.

I own a purple L 2000 but I want more G&Ls in my life ;) 

purple.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DanTM said:

I am looking for a purple L 1000 or LB 100 at the moment which is pretty tough if you don't want to place an option order that takes 6-12 months at the moment. The availability of US made G&L basses in Europe is quite poor.

purple.jpg

Wow. That purple Sterling

On 19/08/2021 at 20:50, neepheid said:

I'm back in G&L land after some time out.  Here's the CLF Research L-1000 I took possession of this week:

01_all.thumb.jpg.756e9b8120f31eaa82d201de15efc88f.jpg 02_body.thumb.jpg.1ae8c42fc3ae9459734e619fc8440613.jpg

Royal purple.  Lovely finish, difficult to photograph ;)

Did you get it from Andertons if I may ask?

33 minutes ago, DanTM said:

Purple L-1000 (as a standard factory offering) is no more for now according to the G&L website - it's been replaced with Matcha Green - a retrograde choice in my opinion, it's nae the bonniest finish in their catalogue!

If it's got to be purple then you'll have to order one specially, or wait and hope on the second hand market.