Why become a member? ×

The return of Mr Genzler......

Mudpup

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1440845648' post='2854269']

Doesn't sticking an array of open-back cone tweeters like that in front of another driver mean that you'll get colossal intermodulation distortion through the tweeters and on the reflected sound from the main driver?
[/quote]

Absolutely no idea! Hence why I would love to hear Bill's thoughts :)

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1440755624' post='2853501']
More importantly interested to hear BFM's views on the Bass Array cab - it reminds me a bit of some of his designs :)
[/quote]More than just a bit. All that differs is that they use cone midranges, by necessity, as horn loaded drivers would not fit in front of the woofer with that cab configuration.
[quote]Doesn't sticking an array of open-back cone tweeters like that in front of another driver mean that you'll get colossal intermodulation distortion through the tweeters and on the reflected sound from the main driver? [/quote]The mids would have to be sealed back or contained within their own sub-enclosure to function well.

This is very exciting news! Being at the newbie end of the scale, by the time I became aware of GB amp, they'd already stopped making them. I hate how Fender have bought up the competition.

anyway, if they can put something out in a 2x10 combo or separates around £800, I might have to pick one up.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1442485914' post='2867264']
As I mentioned back in July, I've been lining up an AMA with Jeff over at [url="http://reddit.com/r/bass"]/r/bass[/url]. It's now been confirmed for 2pm tomorrow, so if you've got any questions for the man, this is your chance.

S.P.
[/quote]

Try to find out as much as you can about the amps. Will they have the new ICEpoweramp module or something completely new designed by him (like markbass did).

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1442506212' post='2867443']
Any plans for a Streamliner with that new 800 watt power module other companies are using?

Any chance he has any Focus 210 cabs left?
[/quote]

I can certainly put these questions to him.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1442506212' post='2867443']
Who's the Numpty at Fender who stuffed everything up?
[/quote]
[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1442506762' post='2867453']
Off-record question: Now that Fender terminated GB, will Jeff offer any kind of help/assistance with malfunction/broken GB products, by his own free will?
[/quote]

Haha, not sure that it's even worth asking him these, but if you want to make a reddit account and ask yourselves, then you are more than welcome!

S.P.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1442506762' post='2867453']
Off-record question: Now that Fender terminated GB, will Jeff offer any kind of help/assistance with malfunction/broken GB products, by his own free will?
[/quote]

He has been doing that on TB frequently. Andy Field, the former chief engineer at Genz, has the parts stash and a shop set up for both warranty and non-warranty repairs. He goes by "Agedhorse" on Talkbass.

[quote name='Passinwind' timestamp='1442586244' post='2868021']
He has been doing that on TB frequently. Andy Field, the former chief engineer at Genz, has the parts stash and a shop set up for both warranty and non-warranty repairs. He goes by "Agedhorse" on Talkbass.
[/quote]

Jeff has mentioned in his AMA that he is planning to be more involved on basschat soon, so fingers crossed that might include performing a similar service over here.

S.P.

[quote name='Passinwind' timestamp='1442586244' post='2868021']
[/quote]

Great service, it says a lot about this guys.

I'm worried about my Shuttle 9.2, Fender doesn't have a very good costumer service, and if i have any kind of malfunction on my amp in the future it will be almost impossible to track and solve it. The components are too small and getting replacement parts will be a nightmare!

Maybe it's time to start saving and replace the 9.2 with the new Genzler amp, when it's released... :D

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1442588758' post='2868053']
Great service, it says a lot about this guys.

I'm worried about my Shuttle 9.2, Fender doesn't have a very good costumer service, and if i have any kind of malfunction on my amp in the future it will be almost impossible to track and solve it. The components are too small and getting replacement parts will be a nightmare!

Maybe it's time to start saving and replace the 9.2 with the new Genzler amp, when it's released... :D
[/quote]

Some of us old timer techs have learned to cope with surface mount components, but proprietary parts and "black box" power modules have put local repair shops in a pretty bad place. I think I retired at just about the right time.

Andy Field is at Mesa now and his new design uses the new "700 watt" ICE module as well. There's a bigger one in the pipeline too, hoping to get my hands on one soon. I've been rocking the 700 watter very happily for half a year now in a DIY build and I'm sure Jeff's implementation will be great.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1442583386' post='2867993']
He says that the new amps are going to have the ICEpower modules. And Thunderpaws, he doesn't have any Focus 210 cabs kicking about the place, sadly.

S.P.
[/quote]

Thanks for asking anyway. Haha. That's great that he is moving forward with things. Good luck to the guy.

[quote name='lowerbassment' timestamp='1442588315' post='2868045']
Has there be an announcement by now who the dealers are going to be in the UK?
[/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1442588738' post='2868052']
Bassdirect I believe.
[/quote]

Dealers are now up on the Genzler website (http://www.genzleramplification.com/category/21/International-Dealers-Distributors.html). Bass Direct and Bass Gear are both listed which is great.

Edited by lowerbassment

• 1 month later...